Star Wars Saesee Tiin Transformer

Devil Mazinkaiser

While hunting for the new TF movie toys (unfortunately, I was unsuccessful) I came across an interesting looking Star Wars TF on one of the aisles at Wal Mart. My experience with the SWTF line is sketchy - I loved the Milennium Falcon, but despised the imperial Shuttle. The rest looked really silly to me, so I never bothered to pick them up.

This particular SWTF had a "sunstorm-esque" appeal to it. Here is the alt mode, straight out of the box:

SWTF5.jpg

It's remeniscent of the WW / Titanium seekers. Triangular in shape, with a similar transformation. The landing gear is unique as well. No wheels this time - instead it has little landing pads that kind of slide out - different, and cool.

The next mode is for interstellar travel (or light speed) - you add on a booster rocket ring that simply slides ove rthe ship and locks into place:

SWTF6.jpg

Pretty nice looking alt mode, IMO.

The robot mode is suprisingly in proportion, and articulated very well:

SWTF7.jpg

Add on the booster pack to the back, and swing down the facemask and you have a nice "brute mode"

SWTF8.jpg

Overall, a nice piece with higher quality plastics that the imperial shuttle.

There may just be hope for this line yet! :tftongue

I was going to pass on this fig, just because of the ugly face. But that helmet over it makes it pretty cool! I may pick one up now.

It looks nice, but unfortunately I'm just not too hot on the most of the line, just the scale and proportions that focus too much on Star Wars vehicle than robot in my opinion. Now the Commander Cody that turns into the Imperial roller, that one I won't argue with.

Ooh! Helmet-y goodness! (which really just looks like the face, turned around)

I was waiting for a repaint of a less lame character (this character choice reinforces my hunch that they produced him to appeal to Sunstorm freaks) but the helmet thingy might change my mind, as the alt mode rulz hard forever.

Archived