My Classics Thundercracker

MikePrime

Here it is, Classics Thundercracker. It is my first full repaint of a toy. Previously, I had only done little adjustments to Alternators, blue eyes for Wheeljack, side mirrors for Jazz, and red foot details on Battle Ravage.

post-2686-1178992232_thumb.jpg

post-2686-1178992269_thumb.jpg

post-2686-1178992310_thumb.jpg

post-2686-1178992344_thumb.jpg

Yeah, it is. I think it's the paint. Even though I did mix it, it was still a bit more fluid than I think it should have been. It's still quite durable though.

Silver was the first color that I tried, but it somehow did not look right. In addition to that, Skywarp already has a silver chest, so I thought it better to give Thundercracker his own colors. It was more about making a Classics thundercracker than a G1 Thundercracker.

Silver was the first color that I tried, but it somehow did not look right. In addition to that, Skywarp already has a silver chest, so I thought it better to give Thundercracker his own colors. It was more about making a Classics thundercracker than a G1 Thundercracker.

I think his point, and what you may be forgetting—is that both Skywarp and Thundercracker had silver chests, not just Skywarp. When you tried the silver chest on your Thundercracker, what was the base color underneath. That will have a dramatic effect on how the silver looks over it. Silver over a darker color will be darker and more like steel, and the details will stand out more; over a light color like white, it will be very light and the details usually get washed out.

Looks very nice. The unevenness in blue paint makes it look more used and gives it more character then a smooth even paint job would give. I also like the light gray instead of the standard silver in robot mode. The placement of the red lines (on the front of the main wings and on the back of the rear wings & tailfins) is also a nice touch.

Overall, good job :thumb

• 3 months later...

I really like your work. I've been considering trying that myself, along with trying to make a dirge from a ramjet. I'm not sure how to proceed with the painting though, as I'm dangerous with an airbrush :danmit

Archived