Botcon DREADWIND is up

UltraMarknus

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with a comment made earlier about should have used Mirage mold to make Dragstrip, instead of Bugbite. As far as Dreadwind though he looks nice, he is a character I really don't know, so its not that important to have for me. Plus being he has a lot of white on him, it doesn't distinguish him alot from Jetfire. But I do think this is a better set than 2005's.

I agree with a comment made earlier about should have used Mirage mold to make Dragstrip, instead of Bugbite. As far as Dreadwind though he looks nice, he is a character I really know, so its not that important to have for me. Plus being he has a lot of white on him, it doesn't distinguish him alot from Jetfire. But I do think this is a better set than 2005's.

I think Drag Strip would have been an out-of-nowhere choice... he's part of a team and WE ALL KNOW how that would go

Hi, to answer your questions:

Who had this "clever" idea?

- There are 4 of us who propose ideas for characters/molds and such. One of us came up with this and the other 3 really dug the idea.

Do you think this remoulded head (hidden by the helmet) was worth it?

- The helmet can be taken off, so it does not need to be "hidden." You can display any way you choose.

Is this what G1 Dreadwind really looks like?

- All of the Classics are re-imaginings of the originals. Since we obviously could not produce all new molds (as the cost of doing so requires tens of thousands of units sold) we have to go with what the best fit would be for an exsisting mold. Since so many TF's have a very specific look, outside of the Seekers, we had to be creative. Dreadwind was by far one of the best fits for an exsisting mold, Jetfire, and allowed us to maintain the integrity of the original character.

Do you honestly believe this was a better idea than remoulding the wings on Dirge?

- The cost of remoulding the wings, the factors that go into it, are much more complex than just a normal head remold. We could not justify that cost, especially since the 4 of us, as well as we have seen many fans feel, that Dirge could work with Ramjets wings. There are always limitations, whether it be on us, Hasbro or Takara, on what can be done.

Furthermore, I still believe it is important to have a new head sculpt in the set and my preference would have been another Classics character as opposed to another wind remould. Again though, it was not a possibility anyways.

Thanks, hope that helps!

First off, thanks for answering me Pete. I know I was blowing a fuse over Dirge (not without reason IMO - that's what happens when you drip-feed starving fanboys!) but at least I can see the reasoning now. If costs stopped you from remoulding the wings on Dirge then that's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose. I won't pretend I'm happy about it, but I was dreading seeing extensive remoulding on Dreadwind instead of Dirge being done properly. If a minor remould was all that could be done then I suppose this makes sense.

I hate the set but I'll still buy it. :redface

I agree with a comment made earlier about should have used Mirage mold to make Dragstrip, instead of Bugbite. As far as Dreadwind though he looks nice, he is a character I really know, so its not that important to have for me. Plus being he has a lot of white on him, it doesn't distinguish him alot from Jetfire. But I do think this is a better set than 2005's.

I think Drag Strip would have been an out-of-nowhere choice... he's part of a team and WE ALL KNOW how that would go

Meh, we got over it when they did Deadend and Swindle in the Alt line. As we know not everybody is ever happy.

Besides they would have had to call him: Decepticharge

:tflaugh

:lol

Archived