"Masterpiece" line not actualy Masterpiece

Gundam Kai

they don't far outsurpass the G1 show which is what I'm trying to get at.

How could any toy ever do that? You want mass shifting in a real toy? Or for OP's trailer to disapear into subspace? Although that would make shipping lower :schin

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you had DVD Prime and MP-01 you would choose DVD Prime to save in a fire.

i really, really cant agree with that.

they don't far outsurpass the G1 show which is what I'm trying to get at. Yes they outsurpass the old G1 toys, but not the show.

Btw it'd be cool if MP-07 was just MP-04's trailer in G2 colors.

Wow, that would probably be the worst idea for MP-07, right next to Kup or Arcee.

i really, really cant agree with that.

Neither can I? :tfmad

Okay, first of all, my 20th Prime must be a TOTALLY different beast than Slaughtermaster's. Mine has nice tight joints, NOTHING is floppy, and overly simplistic transformation... HUH? So you'd tather have something like MP-03 where there are so many itty-bitty parts that flip and twist and move and shift at tolerances too tight for the plastic that it feels like you're going to break it every time you transform it?

MP-01/20th Prime's transform is just right. About the ONLY thing they could have done to improve it would be some kind of sliding panel to give the illusion of side windows.

This is stupid. The MP line is making realistic objects and making them in to the best possible looking TF figures ever. Starscream doesn't have the right colors? STFU. Convoy is a bit off? STFU. Like the animation model you're comparing it with was so awesomely consistant.

Fascinating how a certain standard is being set here by the original poster, based on nothing concrete, beyond what the original poster's, arguably somewhat outproportionate, expectations has led him to believe it ought to be.

Klarion is right - the expectations of the original poster is certainly disproportionate and unfair.

1/ Masterpiece Convoy transforms from a bulky truck into a bulky robot. The robot is bulky because the alt mode is also bulky.

2/ Ultra Magnus DID transform into the white Optimus Prime cab. It was in the toy and seen in vehicle mode. Sure, you never saw him leaving the armour in show or comics, but that doesn't make it any less valid. The toy was ALWAYS able to do that. Besides, it's not the first time HasTak have repainted to toy just to make more money from the same mould.

3/ Yeah okay, I agree that Masterpiece Starscream was pretty crummy...

4/ Masterpiece Megatron is pretty bulky considering that he transforms into a slender gun. TakaraTomy have gone to impressive lengths to make the robot mode as bulky as they could - that's why the arm panels pop out to the sides and that's why the torso has that exaggerated "V" shape. The legs also have additional joints for extra extension to make the toy taller. If you look at the original G1 Megatron, the toy was skinny and stumpy. Kudos to TakaraTomy for the effort they put into MP Megatron in an attempt to bulk him out as much as possible, whilst still keeping the gun mode slim.

Comparing him to MP Convoy in the same light is unfair because it's an entirely different concept. Creating a MP Megatron was a far more ambitious endeavour, and one that they've pulled off quite admirably.

Saying that MP Convoy is a better MP because he's more toon accurate than MP Megatron is like comparing the achievements of a child to that of an adult - it's hideously unfair. You've got to put things into perspective. For a child to achieve something at or beyond average adult level is a tremendous achievement, likewise pulling off Megatron as an MP is a great achievement as it was a far more difficult task than creating MP Convoy.

Just to slightly digress, speaking of child achievements, check this out... (this girl is only 9 years old)

I think not.

DVD Prime looks like it was painted with watercolors. Further, the 'red' (-ish orange) color they used on DVD Prime sucks.

Archived