"Masterpiece" line not actualy Masterpiece

Gundam Kai

has anyone else noticed this?

the more "MP" figs come out the les "MP"-like they look.

I mean MP-01 was great, but he was too dark.

MP-02 was way off in bot mode only since Magnus was always in his armor

MP-03 had good jet mode, crappy colors

MP-04 was good but still too dark

MP-05 is fragile, ridiculously stupid to transform, horrible, stupid piece of Blot

MP-06 has good colors(so far) but still all that crappy kible in bot mode

Comments?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Incorrect. I think the size and engineering involved qualify them to be called Masterpieces.

On MP-5. I don't know what you mean buy "G1ness" in regard to that toy? You can't expect him to look like he does in the cartoon. MP Megatron is a toy first.

I think you should wait to pass judgement on MP-06, even if he is just a SS repaint, I have noticed that Takara will revist the mold and make sure stuff fits together and more nicely between them (sometimes).

MP-05 has a BETTER bot mode than the original G1 toy by a longshot. He looks just like the anime, so I'm not sure what you are getting at.

MP-04 is fantastic in every imaginable way, and I think his paint being SLIGHTLY more realistic than the anime is a welcome addition (just for me anyway).

MP-03 does suck IMO. The model is fine, but the paint job is really a smack in the face.

MP-02 I would never buy. He isn't ultra magnus. He is Ultra Prime's Starscream

MP-01 is also Fantastic.

If you had DVD Prime and MP-01 you would choose DVD Prime to save in a fire.

On the G1ness of MP-05, I meant cartoon acturate. Toon megs was bulkier than MP-05. He was about the same bulk/size as Prime.

If you had DVD Prime and MP-01 you would choose DVD Prime to save in a fire.

On the G1ness of MP-05, I meant cartoon acturate. Toon megs was bulkier than MP-05. He was about the same bulk/size as Prime.

Actually thats not true. Cartoon Megs was a flat piece of clear celuloid and didnt look anything like the TOY MP-5.

These comparisons from pen and ink drawings really show a lack of perspective. Maybe a dose of reality would do you well.

not all the time of course - but once in a while might be nice.

has anyone else noticed this?

the more "MP" figs come out the les "MP"-like they look.

I mean MP-01 was great, but he was too dark.

Comments?

I find MP01 to be the weakest of the 3 molds. Weak feet joints, flappy panels, floppy truck mode, over simplistic transformation, loose panels (i.e. the one that covers the head) and couple that with a high price tag makes the first one the worst up to date. Of course, being the first, I expect problems from the first version.

I consider everyone of them a Masterpieces. The design of them is incredible. Personally I don't give a damn about cartoon accuracy because there is no such thing. The designs, details, hell even colors changed from scene to scene. Devastator had at least five different heads in the show. Nobodies colors were ever exactly the same. And no toy is ever going to be completely cartoon accurate even in design since most of the bots in the show were human bodies with kibble stuck to them in bot mode and they pretty much melted into their alt modes at the final moments of the transformation.

Archived