The One and Only

Trailfollower

Laugh if you may, but the instances of a few hardcore adult Transfans spending hundreds of dollars on a single figure are numerous and undeniable. And, there have been personal stories of people who have claimed that their Transformers collecting hobby has ruined their lives.

As I was saying, if the kid is *that* hardcore with a series like G1, a series finished and burnt out before he was even born, he's on the road that many hardcore collectors are on right now. His unnatural exposure to G1, and the symptoms we've heard about, indicate that he's on the road to collection obsession once he has a means to act, in my opinion.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Laugh if you may, but the instances of a few hardcore adult Transfans spending hundreds of dollars on a single figure are numerous and undeniable.  And, there have been personal stories of people who have claimed that their Transformers collecting hobby has ruined their lives.

As I was saying, if the kid is *that* hardcore with a series like G1, a series finished and burnt out before he was even born, he's on the road that many hardcore collectors are on right now.  His unnatural exposure to G1, and the symptoms we've heard about, indicate that he's on the road to collection obsession once he has a means to act, in my opinion.

:rofl

sweet lord jesus, better save him now from the evil of buying toys!

Laugh if you may, but the instances of a few hardcore adult Transfans spending hundreds of dollars on a single figure are numerous and undeniable. And, there have been personal stories of people who have claimed that their Transformers collecting hobby has ruined their lives.

As I was saying, if the kid is *that* hardcore with a series like G1, a series finished and burnt out before he was even born, he's on the road that many hardcore collectors are on right now. His unnatural exposure to G1, and the symptoms we've heard about, indicate that he's on the road to collection obsession once he has a means to act, in my opinion.

Oh for the love of god......

Laugh if you may, but the instances of a few hardcore adult Transfans spending hundreds of dollars on a single figure are numerous and undeniable.  And, there have been personal stories of people who have claimed that their Transformers collecting hobby has ruined their lives.

As I was saying, if the kid is *that* hardcore with a series like G1, a series finished and burnt out before he was even born, he's on the road that many hardcore collectors are on right now.  His unnatural exposure to G1, and the symptoms we've heard about, indicate that he's on the road to collection obsession once he has a means to act, in my opinion.

Oh for the love of god......

hahah yeah, my thoughts exactly.

Come to vancouver and feel a completely different kind of pain. There are so many collectors here its nuts. You have to drive around the whole city hunting for something.

I hear you man. It's the same in Toronto. So many collectors. So many e-bay scalpers. Even mom and pop type toy stores that buy things at retail and sell them at their store for $$$. I never feel alone collecting TFs here.

Come to vancouver and feel a completely different kind of pain.  There are so many collectors here its nuts.  You have to drive around the whole city hunting for something.

I hear you man. It's the same in Toronto. So many collectors. So many e-bay scalpers. Even mom and pop type toy stores that buy things at retail and sell them at their store for $$$. I never feel alone collecting TFs here.

man I hate the ebay scalpers

plus im also training the next generation of tfan. a kid i used to baby sit, the kid of one of my moms friends. so he would watch beast wars with me (thats how i got him hooked) then the movie, its hillarious, this kid is just like me when i was his age(12).

So, you're basically teaching a young, impressionable individual how to be dependent and susceptible to the every whims of a few corporations?

Because, you know, the end result will most likely be a child who, once given the opportunity, will dump every ounce of his cash into this hobby you're telling him is "so cool" through your words and actions. Or, worse yet, if his addiction is as terrible as you make it sound, it'll end up alienating him from friends and other activities down the road because he'll value his Transformers more than anything else.

All I'm saying, man, from my personal experience from working with kids, is that you should let the guy make up his own mind about what he likes and cease to reinforce him so forcefully. Odds are he looks up to you as a role model and wants to be like you; perhaps, instead of teaching him to be a blind consumer, your time would be better spent showing him how to grow up to be a good person less constrained by an intense hobby?

Dude you totaly took that out of context he likes G1 because it is a good show, and he knows not to spend too much money on tf's. he is constantly asking me if i think some of the prices we find at the consignment toy store we go to are worth it. hell just the other day we were at walmart and he wanted to get the universe sunstorm. but he only had 21 dollers on him thaty had to last until he got his next allowanse. when it was rung up it came to like 21.56 or something like that, i told him i would cover what he didnt have if he still wanted to get it, but he said no he would save his money and probably get something at another time. this is the most matuer 12 y/o i know being able to make sensible monitary disisions like that. and he doesnt spend all his money on transformers, and it doesnt rule his life. yes i introduced him to tf's, but when i was away in the military for 2 years, he still went and collected and watched and read on his own. the only reason i mentioned him was i thought the board would appreciate the fact that some of the younger fans are into g1 as well and will help keep it alive.

so next time please dont jump to conclusions about other peoiple and their personalities or what they do with their lives. and if you want to critcize someone for what they do, ask your self if your perfect. if the answer is no( it will be) then dont, or at least have the courticy to converse it in private instead of making a big deal in front of everyone. like im doing right now and like you did when you replied

so next time please dont jump to conclusions about other peoiple and their personalities or what they do with their lives. and if you want to critcize someone for what they do, ask your self if your perfect. if the answer is no( it will be) then dont, or at least have the courticy to converse it in private instead of making a big deal in front of everyone. like im doing right now and like you did when you replied

winner!

thats sounds like one mature kid :tfgrin

yeah, we're supposed to be friendly over here. PM him if you've got a problem with him or something. Don't drag the rest of us into it, like how I'm now dragged in, heh heh :tfgrin

Archived