Help me find a good SF or Bay Area import shop.

So, seriously, Comics and Collectibles sucks. They're *way* overpriced, selection is spotty on newer stuff (but if you want old TFC or BT's, it's the place) and the guys that work the counter there (not the guy with the belly) are all totally awkward and hard to get to do anything.

Entertainment Earth is out of business. That weird import store across the street from Safeway on Taraval is out of business. Japantown collectibles is the best there is and that's not saying all that much.

I recently decided I should be keeping my money local and help out community dealers, but the offerings are just lax. Can anyone suggest somewhere, preferably in the City, though anywhere in the Bay Area will work at this point, where I can just get a wild hair up my ass to go get Kiss Play HodRod or reissue Magnus to buy on the spot?

Spontaneous Consumption is a Starscream if you can't feed it. You wind up buying CareBears. It sucks.

So, seriously, Comics and Collectibles sucks. They're *way* overpriced, selection is spotty on newer stuff (but if you want old TFC or BT's, it's the place) and the guys that work the counter there (not the guy with the belly) are all totally awkward and hard to get to do anything.

Entertainment Earth is out of business. That weird import store across the street from Safeway on Taraval is out of business. Japantown collectibles is the best there is and that's not saying all that much.

I recently decided I should be keeping my money local and help out community dealers, but the offerings are just lax. Can anyone suggest somewhere, preferably in the City, though anywhere in the Bay Area will work at this point, where I can just get a wild hair up my ass to go get Kiss Play HodRod or reissue Magnus to buy on the spot?

Spontaneous Consumption is a Starscream if you can't feed it. You wind up buying CareBears. It sucks.

I used to frequent Kimono My House over in Emeryville, but I haven't been there in years.

It's a nice little shop, but their prices aren't exactly competitive for new stuff.

Oddly enough, this tends to ensure they have items in stock long after everyplace else has sold out - at which point their prices are usually about close to the going prices on eBay.

I used to frequent Kimono My House over in Emeryville, but I haven't been there in years.

It's a nice little shop, but their prices aren't exactly competitive for new stuff.

Oddly enough, this tends to ensure they have items in stock long after everyplace else has sold out - at which point their prices are usually about close to the going prices on eBay.

Interesting-- I'll have to check them out... didn't think any store that size would be in Emeryville-- just though Ikea, Michaels, etc.

You every find anything good in Berkeley?

Interesting-- I'll have to check them out... didn't think any store that size would be in Emeryville-- just though Ikea, Michaels, etc.

Kimono My House is a little tiny place on the roof of a warehouse. It's a fun little shop (even though it's tiny, the level of clutter usually requires about 1/2 hour to fully browse) and the store-keeper, Yuki, is very friendly. The odd name stems from the fact that they used to import kimonos/textiles before accidentally discovering that importing Japanese toys was a better business.

You every find anything good in Berkeley?

There used to be a couple of decent anime shops in the greater Telegraph St. area - but I haven't really been down there in about ten years :redface . Considering those sorts of shop seem to have about a three year half-life and turnover frequently, I can't really comment on what's there now.

Rising Sun Creations

Park Valley Center(Mission Valley)-Internet Sales

1620 Camino De La Reina Suite D

San Diego, CA 92108

Phone:(619)291-5264

Hours:Mon-Sat:11am-8pm

Sunday:11am-6pm

http://www.rsc-online.com

Been years since I was at this place (I've moved) but it was decent then.

Edit: Oh SF not SD... Sorry.

• 1 month later...

There really isn't any reasonably priced stores carrying TF in the City. Many places have closed down due to rent and the fierce online competition.

Yo Jack got any suggestions for our friends here?

Archived