Nike Free 7.0 Megatron review with pictures

Pascal

000_0116.jpg

000_0117.jpg

SHOE MODE //

I knew the scale was to be 1:2, but when you have it in front of you, that's when you realize how tiny it is! My wife thought it was a shoe for our nephew. Let me tell you : it really looks like a real shoe. The finish looks like synthetic leather, the sole looks almost squishy and the real laces are a nice touch.

TRANSFORMATION //

Without instructions, I didn't really know where to start. Mostly a shellformer, but some cool steps to do, like how you have to swing the torso piece into position and move the arms into place. Pretty clever for what it is. Weapon halves are stored on each side of the shoe.

ROBOT MODE //

It's hard to position the shoe halves on the back, but overall, the robot is pretty decent. Headsculpt is a bit cartoony, but I like it. Decently poseable despite the kibble. Doesn't look quite as good viewed from the back but that had to be expected. Pretty cool that Meg is wearing the shoes he transforms into! Certainly the most original mold we've had in a long time. For those who wonder, he's slitghtly shorter than 6Ti WW Meg / GI Joe Meg.

000_0118.jpg

000_0119.jpg

000_0120.jpg

As ghey as the whole concept is, that has to be one of the most realistic alt modes I have ever seen. Why can't we get badass detail and paint finishes like those on our standard TFs?

Novelty items are cool to a point.... but "shoes" WTF

Agrees.

Still nicely executed .

Megatron-"Look Starscream. I'm Drooling all over the court."

Screamer- "That's dribbling, you idiot!"

Seeing this shoe in UP's hand looks soo cute. I want one now.

Archived