Soundtrack for the NEW Transformers movie

STPrime

:tflaugh Hey everybody. I thought I'd see what artists/bands you'd like to see used in the new TFormers flick. Personally, I'd like hear Scott Weiland from Stone Temple Pilots/Velvet Revolver sing the theme song. On that note I think that STP's last new song (which isn't actually new, but anyway) "All In The Suit That You Wear" would be a cool one for the main song. Kinda like the Nickleback/Saliva song "Hero" was to Spiderman. Suit meaning Symbol.... I think it fits well.

I think Audioslave would have to be on there to for sure. All real Rock n Roll, none of that radio pop bubble gum bullBlot! Sorry I really don't like alot of todays music. Moving on...

BUT....

What if it's gonna be set in the 80's again, as rumored, are we gonna have songs from that era.... like some GnR and what not. Hair band stuff like on the origanal movie soundtrack.

Or....

Would you prefer it to be all instrumental, and just have the theme song?

What do you think?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ewwww audioslave sucks! that band is a travesty.

I'll be happy with anything , as long as its not flavour of the month alternapop/pop hop.

Personally, I would love some old school metal like megadeth, or some IDM like aphex twin or squarepusher. Some nice chill trip hop would be great too hear too, some DJ Krush maybe.

Nothing makes better battle scene music than crazy jungle breaks, some Ming and FS would do nicely, or something from Moving Shadow label.

Some 80's rock would kick ass also if its set in the 80's.

Id prefer if most the soundtrack is insrumental except for the opening.

Im probably just dreaming and the movie will be filled with Nickelback or Mudvaine, but hey a guy can dream.

Im probably just dreaming and the movie will be filled with Nickelback or Mudvaine, but hey a guy can dream.

My god dude, you have taken the words right out my head. :thumb :tftounge :thumb

My god dude, you have taken the words right out my head. :thumb :tftounge :thumb

yeah that chip i implanted is working great.

yeah that chip i implanted is working great.

hahaha....lol :tflaugh

Crystal Method, Air, Freestylers, and MC Chris should have defining moment tunes in there. And John Morgan should do a lot of the music/sound engineering. That guy worked absolute magic for the SSX series video games.

The instrumental part that Linkin park had during the credits of Matrix: Reloaded was really awesome, that approach to music should be implemented when the scene is defined by mostly Transformers characters. Super bad-ass techno is Transformers to a "T"; music that cannot be performed live by humans, because it's just too fast and too damned awesome sounding.

No hip-hop or "high-energy" crap!! :tfpuke

ARRRRRRGH!!

This is -NOT- "The Fast & The Furious", dammit all! :tfmad

no high energy?

you know there is good high energy, not all of it is like the crap from 2 fast 2 furious. Real breakbeats are fantastic.

How could you have a transformers action movie without a couple high energy tracks, some moving shadow would be perfect during a battle. Or maybe some of the stuff from the Run lola Run soundtrack.

Do you think they should play like johnny cash or celine dion during the battles? :tftounge

ARRRRRRGH!!

This is -NOT- "The Fast & The Furious", dammit all!  :tfmad

no high energy?

you know there is good high energy, not all of it is like the crap from 2 fast 2 furious. Real breakbeats are fantastic.

How could you have a transformers action movie without a couple high energy tracks, some moving shadow would be perfect during a battle. Or maybe some of the stuff from the Run lola Run soundtrack.

Do you think they should play like johnny cash or celine dion during the battles? :tftounge

Rock.

Not acid. Not *shudder* techno. Not "high-energy". Not rap. Not punk.

Just plain Rock.

And it definitely needs to have the G1 theme (updated, of course. in the same way it was updated for TF:TM)

And you know there'll be some sappy love-scene in there somewhere (be it Spike and some girl, or Arcee and Springer), so yes, gotta involve Celine. :tftounge

Oh.. now that I think about it.. "Ring of Fire" (Johnny Cash) would work well during battles. :tftounge :tflaugh1

ARRRRRRGH!!

This is -NOT- "The Fast & The Furious", dammit all!  :tfmad

no high energy?

Rock.

Not acid. Not *shudder* techno. Not "high-energy". Not rap. Not punk.

Just plain Rock.

And it definitely needs to have the G1 theme (updated, of course. in the same way it was updated for TF:TM)

And you know there'll be some sappy love-scene in there somewhere (be it Spike and some girl, or Arcee and Springer), so yes, gotta involve Celine. :tftounge

Oh.. now that I think about it.. "Ring of Fire" (Johnny Cash) would work well during battles. :tftounge :tflaugh1

yeah man, id be all about some rock in this movie. As long as its not the corporate wuss rock crap thats on the top 40 right now (nickleback, mudvaine, linkin park, audioslave)

Give me some Poison, or GNR, or Megadeth!

sadly though, I doubt that'll happen. We'll probably end up with an assortment of whatever is the flavour of the month when its released.

Oh, and johnny cash is the best, I just dont feel his stuff is very good for battles, though ring of fire would be sweet.

Archived