Classics Jazz - WIP

TENIME_art

:tflaugh geez, i guess you missed the part where i said, "it looks great."

I was responding to Tramp's usual "that looks stupid, you should change it" attitude. Not you. ;)

As for the "Porsche"...again, duh, I know it doesn't even look close. I was going off the G1 Reprolabels' sticker set, which I ordered for this. I'm still not sure they'll even fit, let alone how many I'll actually use. I've tried making my own stickers, and they always come out crap. So, it's Reprolabels or nothing at all. And I don't want nothing at all...

There're some great ideas here, but as I've said before, I can't sculpt, so if it's anything more complicated than making a flat, smooth surface, I ain't doin' it.

Thanks again for all the kind words. Grimmy's head is off his shoulders, and 'Bee's running around like a Thanksgiving turkey...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the G1 Reprolabels today. They're the perfect size!! So, Posrche or not, he's getting that sticker. Unless someone wants to make me a G1-Reprolabels-quality replacement for free? If not, that's what I'm putting on it.

Of course, this is kind of at a standstill, since no one will tell me how to get Bumblebee's headlights out. So far, the only answer I've gotten (on another board) was "cut the melted part on the inside out". I can't see this happening without scratching the hell out of the top outside border of the foot piece...

At a stand still huh? I'm wondering if you can't just paint the headlights like the Cliffjumper repaint has. Oh and I'm wondering if you found out if the Grimlock head will fit

Size-wise, it'll fit. I just need to drill out the inside to accomodate 'Bee's ball joint neck.

I want to remove the headlights, because it'll make painting so much easier. I've never had any luck taping things off, and I've tried multiple kinds of tape - including "Painter's Tape"!! If I can get them out, I'm just going to put a translucent blue over them, and can then spray the foot white, without having to worry about bleedthrough...

Try liquid paint mask. You can get it at a hobby shop. and yo brush it onto the surface you want to keep clear of paint, let it dry, then paint. After the paint sets, you peel it off. I've used it with a pretty good degree of succes on some stuff.

Try liquid paint mask. You can get it at a hobby shop. and yo brush it onto the surface you want to keep clear of paint, let it dry, then paint. After the paint sets, you peel it off. I've used it with a pretty good degree of succes on some stuff.

Hmmm...I may have to try that on any future touch ups that I usually do to my TFs.

Got the G1 Reprolabels today. They're the perfect size!! So, Posrche or not, he's getting that sticker. Unless someone wants to make me a G1-Reprolabels-quality replacement for free? If not, that's what I'm putting on it.

Of course, this is kind of at a standstill, since no one will tell me how to get Bumblebee's headlights out. So far, the only answer I've gotten (on another board) was "cut the melted part on the inside out". I can't see this happening without scratching the hell out of the top outside border of the foot piece...

Actually, to remove Bumblebee's headlights, you don't even need to cut anything. All you need to do is take a hammer and nail, and tap the headlights out from the back, placing the tip of a nail against the end of the rods that hold the headlighs in place, and gently tap them out just like you would removing a pin. No cutting required.

Actually, to remove Bumblebee's headlights, you don't even need to cut anything. All you need to do is take a hammer and nail, and tap the headlights out from the back, placing the tip of a nail against the end of the rods that hold the headlighs in place, and gently tap them out just like you would removing a pin. No cutting required.

Thanks, Tramp! :thumb

• 2 weeks later...

Since I don't have a dremel, know how to use one, or have steady hands, my friend ground down the ridge on 'Bee's roof:

jazz-roof1.jpg

...and the raised portion of the hood:

jazz-hood1.jpg

I'll be using sculpting compound to fill in the holes, though, it only needs to be straight, since the G1 Reprolabels will cover these areas...

I added a small piece of strip styrene to the face:

jazz-head1.jpg

...now Jazz has a nose!!

Painting will commence soon...

Archived