Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blackscale

Worldwide releases

I am wondering why TF (or any modern day toy) is not released worldwide.

At the moment I have the choice of buying in the US, but that is still really expensive because of shipping costs and taxes (+18.5%!) even with the strong Euro, or waiting until the TF's are released in Europe a year later.

Unfortenately, many toys never come to the Netherlands (no BW, BM or Universe at all). Armada was released here, but if I look at the ever decreasing size of the TF-section in the toy stores here, I wonder if Energon will ever get here.

Energon komt er aan, geloof me. Powelinx Jetfire en Skywarp heb ik in de winkels gezien... Hoezo een probleem? Het gaat gewoon erg traag, dat is alles. Plus dat Hasbro Nederland een chimpansee heeft die de markteting doet...

Thanks for the reply, but I think you should answer in English for all non Dutch people on the board.

Still, we do not get any of the G1 reissues here and I have serious doubts if Unicron will come to the Netherlands.

Blame the marketing department.

The Marketing departments of various regions prefer to break down by region to see if it's in their best interest to release something in a given area. They work slowly, which is why getting releases is slow.

Remember, with BW we never had the second half of TM and none of TM2 here.

They've already started clearing the Armada here, so that might be something. Armada was quite a hit here, and if it was in the rest of the Netherlands, we might get Energon sooner then expected. And I also heard from a friend (who's an insider with Hasbro NL) that Hasbro NL is thinking of shipping Unicron nationwide here.

That said, well, I think it would benefit everyone outside the US and Japan, but unfortunately, that might never happen. They don't take Europe or Australia serious, and only focus on the US. :tdown :tdown :tdown :tfmad :tfpuke

Thanks for the reply, but I think you should answer in English for all non Dutch people on the board.

Still, we do not get any of the G1 reissues here and I have serious doubts if Unicron will come to the Netherlands.

Gewoon omdat 't kan.

Anyway. It's all money anyway, and most of us dutchies already own a Unicron.

ummm...."Bah we grop mini bop"

lol I keep forgeting that this is a totaly international site sometimes...

• Find Transformers on Ebay

Entertainment News International (ENI) is the #1 popular culture network for adult fans all around the world.
Get the scoop on all the popular comics, games, movies, toys, and more every day!

Contact and Support

Advertising | Submit News | Contact ENI | Privacy Policy

©Entertainment News International - All images, trademarks, logos, video, brands and images used on this website are registered trademarks of their respective companies and owners. All Rights Reserved. Data has been shared for news reporting purposes only. All content sourced by fans, online websites, and or other fan community sources. Entertainment News International is not responsible for reporting errors, inaccuracies, omissions, and or other liablities related to news shared here. We do our best to keep tabs on infringements. If some of your content was shared by accident. Contact us about any infringements right away - CLICK HERE