Just a humble Opinion...

dodiano

Hi guys,

I do not pot much in htis forum but trust me I`m a very big fan and collector as most of you guys. I was looking at the TV spots AMAZED!! My god watching Starscream transform has been one of the most amazing sequences in movie History!! This film is going to Rock... Watching the trailer with my brother which is a Product Engineer he said something wich at first pissed me off... ( I`m a big fan) Why Prime Looked so damn Big??... there is a truck just besides him and he looks way too big for that truck and they are almost same size... The other one is that Bumblebee also looked too Big in front of the Sam character... I was pissed with him but after looking at it is a bit true... But maybe is just the fact that non of us has seen GIANT TRANSFORMING ROBOTS on the screen never before...

Wanted to make an experiment with my alternators have to get a figure with the aprox scale of them and put them side by side to see if it looks like in the shot... Please no Offense intended to no one... Just an observation trust me I`m going to enjoy so much this movie I mean we all wanted to see Soundwave wether he was a small Tape Recorder that made itself big I wouldn`t have cared!!

Take care,

Roberto

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Alternators didn't get as much height out of the alt modes as the movie bots do, that's for sure. But then that's a quality that the original G1 toys had -- car length was roughly equal to bot height. These guys are stretched out a bit more (or compressed, depending on need).

That picture where you have Calvin and Hobbs!! That is the prime picture...

Take care,

Roberto

Oh, that one. Well, Prime's a much larger cab overall in his alt. mode than that truck is. Prime's the kind of truck designed to haul loads across country, that looks like a dump truck designed to haul loads across town.

Plus, Prime gets the added boost of a whole camper section behind the driver's compartment. to get mass from that this truck lacks.

You might be right and is perfectly logical what you say about stretching... I still think it was way too much... Still I`m more concerned about Prime and the truck passing by him in the picture...

Roberto

Keep in mind that most of the Decepticons are very large vehicles (particularly Starscream). All of the robots have to make sense height-wise next to each other. And I would imagine that people would *not* like to see Prime be significantly shorter than average Decepticon goons.

You might be right and is perfectly logical what you say about stretching... I still think it was way too much... Still I`m more concerned about Prime and the truck passing by him in the picture...

Roberto

Keep in mind that most of the Decepticons are very large vehicles (particularly Starscream). All of the robots have to make sense height-wise next to each other. And I would imagine that people would *not* like to see Prime be significantly shorter than average Decepticon goons.

That is true and I do Understand Prime has to look bigger than Starscream... someone mentioned that might be the reason he looks so Ape like which will make perfect sense... But I`m talking about a global scale here... Maybe it might be a bad sense of reality from looking at a picture... Probably in motion might look better... probably that truc is much farther too the camera or closer that it makes it look weird althoiugh I understand when these guys transform they morph parts from everywhere... Still thanks for the points of view it is really interesting... Still having the debate with my brother LOL!! As we speak and I`m defending Mr Bay`s work here...LOL!!

tAKE CARE,

rOBERTO

The F-22 is huge..Starscream should be quite a bit bigger than Prime. From what I understand Megatron is the largest Transformer in the movie

I don't think anyone would have a problem with that. And I did notice (from looking at Remy's Movie Starscream gallery) that at least the toy transforms by folding the fuselage like an accordion, creating that diamond shape we see in Starscream's chest. Looking at that as well as his double-jointed legs (which are similarly folded down), it's clear to me that they were trying to shave as much height off Starscream as possible.

Still though, he might end up being taller than Prime. Which would seem odd from a G1 cartoon standpoint, but in the context of where they seem to be going with this movie... it makes sense to me.

Archived