The Bond Gadget Test

Hobbes-timus Prime

Let me ask you this, How would Soundwave display or play back those communucations? It is all well and good to be able to analize them, but if Megatron can't get them, what good is it?

He would play them back with his ability of being a giant killer space robot that can do things you can't even begin to fathom with computer science.

Well for starters, Why would Megatron's right-hand man, and best soldiers be left out in outerspace for months or years at a time when they could simply put an actual satelite in orbit? This freeing Soundwave up for more important missions?

You do realize your idea of an "important" mission for Soundwave is for him to get really tiny and hide away in some dark corner with his record button held down until nobody's around for him to get away without wrecking the place he was spying on.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let me ask you this, How would Soundwave display or play back those communucations? It is all well and good to be able to analize them, but if Megatron can't get them, what good is it?

So what are them little things on my MP Prime's wrists? :schin

Just give up. Please.

So basically - even if in robot mode he had a highly advanced communication system with the ability to use laser transmissions, as well as recieve and transmit messages and recordings to Megatron and all the other 'Cons, plus be able to take what his minions found out and relay them to Megatron and still be an alt mode of a blue van sitting on the street with dark windows - he would be totally useless, despite the fact that his minions just took care of the spying and he could be mobile and self-sufficient enough to relocate himself??? You're saying that Mass-Shifting is a better option than being able to still be a large robot and move around on his own, while still following like the old cartoon and having his minions do all the real spying/recording, without having to rely on some pseudoscience??

First Off - It's been established in EVERY TF Continuity/Storyline that each TF has a communcations system within their bodies - some like Prime have multiple parts and are spread out around their bodies. What would stop him from transmitting his info/relaying it to Megatron's personal communication system? If Soundwave's body was designed as such - he could do it, without having to have a Stereo Alt. Mode to do so.

Sure I can, but that isn't the case. If it were, I would be cursing and screaming about the entire movie and how it "bastardizes" the Transformers, when for the most part I am very pleased with the results. The few issues I do hace with the designs are minor for the most part and have nothing to do with deviation from the source material.

Please Note. A fanboy can be trapped in a fan-bubble about only one certain part. It does NOT have to be every thing or even multiple things. I know I can, and it appears you can too.

EDIT -- I give you tons of credit for standing by what you believe in, but I still think you are seeing some things through fanboy goggles too much to see the possiblities of differences that could work in the Movie Universe.

Only Autobots have that techlonogy Siburke, get with it.

He would play them back with his ability of being a giant killer space robot that can do things you can't even begin to fathom with computer science.

Well for starters, Why would Megatron's right-hand man, and best soldiers be left out in outerspace for months or years at a time when they could simply put an actual satelite in orbit? This freeing Soundwave up for more important missions?

You do realize your idea of an "important" mission for Soundwave is for him to get really tiny and hide away in some dark corner with his record button held down until nobody's around for him to get away without wrecking the place he was spying on.

Soundwave

Pros: can mass-shift

Cons: needs auxiliary speakers (sold separately)

:rofl

Tramp.

Tramp, I've been meaning to ask this from the very start.

What's to stop the giant killer space robot from playing back his recordings any damn way he pleases? Is there some unwritten law that he can only use his alt mode speakers?

Well, let me put it to you this way. IF his alt mode wasn't designed to play back audio recordings, do you think he would even have those functions to begin with?

NO! he wouldn't have thoise functions. Therefore, whether or not he transformed to play back those recordings, having that type of alt mode allows him to do so. Soundwave's very design is geared towards audio/visual communications and recording. His alternate mode—disguised as a tape deck—is designed for that purpose and is what gives him that ability. Updating him to a more modern design still means that he needs to be a portable entertainment system or multimedia system like a stereo, portable DVD player or personal computer, not a vehicle.

UH Tramp?

YES Yes he would have those functions if thats what his Alien body was designed to do. THerefore, thats a bumch of Slag. You think they use tape decks on cybertron?

His body is designed for that because of his alternate mode, not in spite of it. Do I think they use tape decks on Cyubertron? No. They use Disk recorders similar to CD burners. Soundwave's Cybertronian form had this capability and the door in his chest to allow for it, as did Blaster. Their Cybertronian forms were very similar to their Earth forms, which also means that their Cybertonian Alternate modes were not all that different either. The media they recorder on was different though. His robot mode is not what granted him those abilities, his alternate mode was. When he came to Earth, the outward appearance of that mode changed, but the actual function of it did not. His Earth mode is the equivalent of his Cybertronian one. The only characters whose alternate modes radically differed between Cybertron and Earth, were Megatron and the Dinobots. Megatron went from being a tank to a pistol, and the Dinobots went from being war machines to being dinosaurs. All of the others had had Earth modes that were similar in function to their Cybertronian modes even if they were aesthetically different in appearance.

Magic Shrinky Siburke you forgot :tfevil

Tramp I'm sorry but that pile is still steaming.

Magic Shrinky Siburke you forgot :tfevil

:redface my bad :tflaugh1

Maybe Haveing computers in their heads makes portable storage irrelevent. Like Ipods are trying to do to cds.

His body is designed for that because of his alternate mode, not in spite of it. Do I think they use tape decks on Cyubertron? No. They use Disk recorders similar to CD burners. Soundwave's Cybertronian form had this capability and the door in his chest to allow for it, as did Blaster. Their Cybertronian forms were very similar to their Earth forms, which also means that their Cybertonian Alternate modes were not all that different either. The media they recorder on was different though. His robot mode is not what granted him those abilities, his alternate mode was. When he came to Earth, the outward appearance of that mode changed, but the actual function of it did not. His Earth mode is the equivalent of his Cybertronian one. The only characters whose alternate modes radically differed between Cybertron and Earth, were Megatron and the Dinobots. Megatron went from being a tank to a pistol, and the Dinobots went from being war machines to being dinosaurs. All of the others had had Earth modes that were similar in function to their Cybertronian modes even if they were aesthetically different in appearance.

In other words, function follows form. He's a communications expert because he was built with the ability to record information in a way that could be accessed by others. However, he can only do that when he changes form into a small, insignificant piece of obsolescent electronic hardware, and without that transformation he's as useless as a paraglider in a cave. In his purest form he's so limited that he can't even perform his job without taking on a non-self-mobile form with no defensive or offensive capabilities other than being so small as to not merit notice. Probably better off he's not in the movie then.

Archived