The Bond Gadget Test

Hobbes-timus Prime

I was more interested in women & booze at 15 years old. Explains a lot I suppose...

I have always been into science fiction, fanstasy, mythology, comic books, movies books, and the like. I'm an artist.

I've always been into all of that as well, and I'm a librarian. The hobbies don't determine the profession (I can think of any number of artists who enjoyed women and booze); both come from one's choices in life.

I like woment too, I was just never very good with them when I was a teenager. Biiz didn't really interest me though.

If bumblebee wasn't a yellow car? Yellow CAR? He's supposed to be a VW BUG. As in insect as in BEE. Talk about taking your name from your alt mode. He's not yellow jacket. That didn't seem to be keeping Don up at night.

I would have preferred he be a Bug as well, but apparently VW didn't cooperate. His movie mode is still close enough and doesn't fundamentally change the character. Making Soundwave's alt mode something other than a piece of personal portable electronics, and not giving him Mass conversion does fundamentally change the character.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tramp... the world is against you. Deal with it like an adult and let the matter drop. You can keep thinking what you think in your own mind, but it's OBVIOUS, BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, that while we are not going to change your mind, you are not going to change ours. So with that, I reiterate that one of my first posts, with the Autobot A, B, and C examples fulfills the INTENT of this ORIGINAL post - as an attempt to give a RATIONAL method of mass-shifting that does NOT require planet-cracking amounts of energy or pseudoscientific references to "subspace" as a possibility for the continuity in the upcoming movie.

Goodbye.

No, the "world" isn't against me. just you guys. There is a big difference there. And being outnumbered doesn't make me wrong either. Transformers lore already has a plausible explaination for mass conversion. Your explaination C really isn't that practical and weakens the bot too much. The pseudoscientific explaination found in TF: More than Meets the Ey #8 works better, even if it would really be physically impossible.

And how many of the moviegoing public have actually read TF:MTMTE #8, or even heard of it? Probably very few, most of them undoubtedly posting on this board. So whatever explanation is in there would be utterly meaningless to the general moviegoer who just wants to see giant robots fight. Why complicate a movie with something so unnecessary as a robot shrinking to the size of a (insert whichever impractical electronic component you like here) when explaining it, which you'd NEED to do, would take up ten or fifteen minutes of a two-hour film and confuse or bore 90% of the audience? Like Spider-Man's webshooters or Doctor Doom's mystical leanings, it takes up too much time and derails the story too much so it has to go.

I hear he's mute too. very in character for Bumblebee,

I was more interested in women & booze at 15 years old. Explains a lot I suppose...

I have always been into science fiction, fanstasy, mythology, comic books, movies books, and the like. I'm an artist.

I've always been into all of that as well, and I'm a librarian. The hobbies don't determine the profession (I can think of any number of artists who enjoyed women and booze); both come from one's choices in life.

I like woment too, I was just never very good with them when I was a teenager. Biiz didn't really interest me though.

If bumblebee wasn't a yellow car? Yellow CAR? He's supposed to be a VW BUG. As in insect as in BEE. Talk about taking your name from your alt mode. He's not yellow jacket. That didn't seem to be keeping Don up at night.

I would have preferred he be a Bug as well, but apparently VW didn't cooperate. His movie mode is still close enough and doesn't fundamentally change the character. Making Soundwave's alt mode something other than a piece of personal portable electronics, and not giving him Mass conversion does fundamentally change the character.

How about making Ravage bipedal? Does that fundamentally change the character? In that case, is Beast Wars an invalid TF continuity?

I never said Don Murphy was not a fan - I'm well aware of what he did with Cullen, and fighting to keep this as G1 as possible. I was over on his boards when they started. My point was still it could have been crowd control.

And I'll concede/give you an alt. mode that needs to be communcations-based or at the very least a Robot mode that allows him to be a communications expert and use spy bots to actually infiltrate and spy. But the fact he mass-changed does not make Soundwave, Soundwave. Just as Megatron being a gun that Starscream (and others) had to hold/use does not make Megatron, Megatron. Their personas and voices made them their true characters.

Megatron being a gun does not fundamentally change him, no. Him not being a weapon does. By weapon, I mena a gun, a tank, a bomber, anything designed with heavy firepower in mind. It isn't just Soundwave's persona that mattered. And one of the things that was inherant to Soundwave, at least as Hasbro, Don Murphy and a lot of fans on other sites and at the various discussions, Mass conversion was one of them. That was because it made his alternate mode possible. It is a fundamental, defining part of Soundwave.

Not in cybertron and that soundwave was Awesome. Any one dissagree?

Megatron being a gun does not fundamentally change him, no. Him not being a weapon does. By weapon, I mena a gun, a tank, a bomber, anything designed with heavy firepower in mind. It isn't just Soundwave's persona that mattered. And one of the things that was inherant to Soundwave, at least as Hasbro, Don Murphy and a lot of fans on other sites and at the various discussions, Mass conversion was one of them. That was because it made his alternate mode possible. It is a fundamental, defining part of Soundwave.

soundwave2cg7.jpgsoundwaverv3.jpg

Tramp... the world is against you. Deal with it like an adult and let the matter drop. You can keep thinking what you think in your own mind, but it's OBVIOUS, BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, that while we are not going to change your mind, you are not going to change ours. So with that, I reiterate that one of my first posts, with the Autobot A, B, and C examples fulfills the INTENT of this ORIGINAL post - as an attempt to give a RATIONAL method of mass-shifting that does NOT require planet-cracking amounts of energy or pseudoscientific references to "subspace" as a possibility for the continuity in the upcoming movie.

Goodbye.

No, the "world" isn't against me. just you guys. There is a big difference there. And being outnumbered doesn't make me wrong either. Transformers lore already has a plausible explaination for mass conversion. Your explaination C really isn't that practical and weakens the bot too much. The pseudoscientific explaination found in TF: More than Meets the Ey #8 works better, even if it would really be physically impossible.

And how many of the moviegoing public have actually read TF:MTMTE #8, or even heard of it? Probably very few, most of them undoubtedly posting on this board. So whatever explanation is in there would be utterly meaningless to the general moviegoer who just wants to see giant robots fight. Why complicate a movie with something so unnecessary as a robot shrinking to the size of a (insert whichever impractical electronic component you like here) when explaining it, which you'd NEED to do, would take up ten or fifteen minutes of a two-hour film and confuse or bore 90% of the audience? Like Spider-Man's webshooters or Doctor Doom's mystical leanings, it takes up too much time and derails the story too much so it has to go.

Actually, it wouldn't take more than a minute. Secondly, no, you really wouldn't need to explain it in too much detail. People accepted lightsabers in Star Wars without them having to explain how the energy blade suddenly stopped and the blades didn't pass through one another.

Not in cybertron and that soundwave was Awesome. Any one dissagree?

He still was not really "Soundwave" though. That was a completely different character with a completely different function, personality and motivations. Whether he was Awsome or not is debateable, and not the point. He was not Soundwave. He just shared the name and face.

If one of the jedi powers was to shrink And Obi-Wan had Magic Shrikied and jumped into the crack of a stormtroopers armor ther never wouls have been an Empire Strikes Back.

Archived