The Bond Gadget Test

Hobbes-timus Prime

So you are saying that for Soundwave to be Soundwave he has to be like his G1 incarnation - he can't change - he is immune to new alt. modes and changes, right? You do realize how fanboy that seems right?

Well, apparently Hasbro and Don Murphy felt the same way.

That's a Wonderful Excuse - but - I asked HOW YOU VIEWED IT.

Also - Have you ever considered that maybe, Don Murphy wanted to use crowd control? Cause he is a producer, he is supposed to keep people leaning towards the positive more so than negative. He, just like the writers, can say what they have to, to keep the positive side being looked at. It is a possibility. Then again he could have truly meant what he said. It does NOT mean that Soundwave will be in the sequel or mass-shift in it. It truly doesn't.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was more interested in women & booze at 15 years old. Explains a lot I suppose...

I have always been into science fiction, fanstasy, mythology, comic books, movies books, and the like. I'm an artist.

Tramp... the world is against you. Deal with it like an adult and let the matter drop. You can keep thinking what you think in your own mind, but it's OBVIOUS, BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, that while we are not going to change your mind, you are not going to change ours. So with that, I reiterate that one of my first posts, with the Autobot A, B, and C examples fulfills the INTENT of this ORIGINAL post - as an attempt to give a RATIONAL method of mass-shifting that does NOT require planet-cracking amounts of energy or pseudoscientific references to "subspace" as a possibility for the continuity in the upcoming movie.

Goodbye.

Ditto Tramp. I just liked girls and booze too.

I was more interested in women & booze at 15 years old. Explains a lot I suppose...

I have always been into science fiction, fanstasy, mythology, comic books, movies books, and the like. I'm an artist.

Errrr..... well done?

So you are saying that for Soundwave to be Soundwave he has to be like his G1 incarnation - he can't change - he is immune to new alt. modes and changes, right? You do realize how fanboy that seems right?

Also - Have you ever considered that maybe, Don Murphy wanted to use crowd control? Cause he is a producer, he is supposed to keep people leaning towards the positive more so than negative. He, just like the writers, can say what they have to, to keep the positive side being looked at. It is a possibility. Then again he could have truly meant what he said, does NOT mean that Soundwave will be in the sequel or mass-shift in it. It truly doesn't.

I view it the same way they do. Giving Soundwave a more modern alt mode is not a problem. Completely changing him into something else radically different altogether is a problem. Taking away all of his primary identifying features and abilities is a problem and fundamentally alters the character. That I have a problem with. As for Don Murphy, he is also a fan, not just the producer. From his own words he has fought to keep this as close to G1 as he could without it being dated and without the designs looking off.

Imagine the outrage if Prime was not a semi truck, or if Starscream wasn't a jet. Imagine if Bumblebee wasn't a yellow car or Jazz a stylish sportscar. There are certain things which are iconic to those characters. With Soundwave it was the type of alt mode he had and his mass conversion capability.

I've always been into all of that as well, and I'm a librarian. The hobbies don't determine the profession (I can think of any number of artists who enjoyed women and booze); both come from one's choices in life.

If bumblebee wasn't a yellow car? Yellow CAR? He's supposed to be a VW BUG. As in insect as in BEE. Talk about taking your name from your alt mode. He's not yellow jacket. That didn't seem to be keeping Don up at night.

Tramp... the world is against you. Deal with it like an adult and let the matter drop. You can keep thinking what you think in your own mind, but it's OBVIOUS, BLATANTLY OBVIOUS, that while we are not going to change your mind, you are not going to change ours. So with that, I reiterate that one of my first posts, with the Autobot A, B, and C examples fulfills the INTENT of this ORIGINAL post - as an attempt to give a RATIONAL method of mass-shifting that does NOT require planet-cracking amounts of energy or pseudoscientific references to "subspace" as a possibility for the continuity in the upcoming movie.

Goodbye.

No, the "world" isn't against me. just you guys. There is a big difference there. And being outnumbered doesn't make me wrong either. Transformers lore already has a plausible explaination for mass conversion. Your explaination C really isn't that practical and weakens the bot too much. The pseudoscientific explaination found in TF: More than Meets the Ey #8 works better, even if it would really be physically impossible.

Also - Have you ever considered that maybe, Don Murphy wanted to use crowd control? Cause he is a producer, he is supposed to keep people leaning towards the positive more so than negative. He, just like the writers, can say what they have to, to keep the positive side being looked at. It is a possibility. Then again he could have truly meant what he said, does NOT mean that Soundwave will be in the sequel or mass-shift in it. It truly doesn't.

I view it the same way they do. Giving Soundwave a more modern alt mode is not a problem. Completely changing him into something else radically different altogether is a problem. Taking away all of his primary identifying features and abilities is a problem and fundamentally alters the character. That I have a problem with. As for Don Murphy, he is also a fan, not just the producer. From his own words he has fought to keep this as close to G1 as he could without it being dated and without the designs looking off.

Imagine the outrage if Prime was not a semi truck, or if Starscream wasn't a jet. Imagine if Bumblebee wasn't a yellow car or Jazz a stylish sportscar. There are certain things which are iconic to those characters. With Soundwave it was the type of alt mode he had and his mass conversion capability.

I never said Don Murphy was not a fan - I'm well aware of what he did with Cullen, and fighting to keep this as G1 as possible. I was over on his boards when they started. My point was still it could have been crowd control.

And I'll concede/give you an alt. mode that needs to be communcations-based or at the very least a Robot mode that allows him to be a communications expert and use spy bots to actually infiltrate and spy. But the fact he mass-changed does not make Soundwave, Soundwave. Just as Megatron being a gun that Starscream (and others) had to hold/use does not make Megatron, Megatron. Their personas and voices made them their true characters.

Archived