The Bond Gadget Test

Hobbes-timus Prime

When did soundwave tell you all this?

It's not like thers such a thing as a spy plane.

I think Soundwave gave up mass shifting, because his brother Wavepool died in a horrible mass shifting accident.

There that about wraps it up right.

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When did soundwave tell you all this?

It's not like thers such a thing as a spy plane.

I think Soundwave gave up mass shifting, because his brother Wavepool died in a horrible mass shifting accident.

There that about wraps it up right.

So, what, you want to make him turn into a 200+' long aircraft? Once again, how does that tie into his primary role as Communications officer? How does that relate to Soundwave? It doesn't. Sure, there could be a million excuses for not having Soundwave transform into a small, unobtrusive device whose sole pupose is communications transceiving and recording while still being a huge robot. However, I have provided the one good reason for it, and that is all the reason needed. You don't fix what isn't broken, and Soundwave was not broken. Megatron was.

You still haven't answered my question. What is so wrong or stupid about mass conversion? And don't say because it is scientifically or physically impossible. Much of what we see in science fiction and fantasy is too.

Because I think it's downright f*cking stupid. Don't ask me again.

That isn't a reason.

In fact, I will explain this. I think it's stupid that's why I think it's wrong. Can't you get that into your head? I don't care what you think you know about making a successful sci-fi flick or what you think you know about science. I don't want to watch that nonsense in the cinema. That is MORE than enough reason for me to give my opinion on this subject. Can you understand that? :roll

Thinking it is stupid is not a reason. Why do you think it is stupid? What makes you think it is nonsense, especially since it has been successfully used in cinema and novels, and comics for decades?

It is one thing to say something is stupid. But if there is no solid reason for that belief, that view is weak.

Wow. I've read every one of your posts in this thread & it is the biggest load of drivel I have ever had the misfortune to stumble upon. At no point have you ever gave a good reason why the movie should include mass-shifting but you feel the need to go on & on spouting the same lame arguments. What part of "I THINK IT IS A STUPID IDEA" is hard to understand? I think it's stupid because it IS stupid. The fact that mass-shifting isn't in the movie means that I'm not the only one that thinks so. You've completely failed to present even 1 good reason for using mass-shifting in the movie so IMO you're probably better giving up.

It is one thing to say something is sensible. But if there is no solid reason for that belief, that view is weak.

btw - the only thing thats stupider than Tramp's insistance that G1 Toys are logical and realistic in a Live action setting is that Siburke is getting Mad about it.

BTW - Tramp may have hit on a possible MOTIVATION with out knowing it.

Why would a robot choose to do this if we already have Frenzy established in the movie world?

Well- after realizing how weak Frenzy was, the Deceps, decided to upgrade the techonology and concept.

Maybe this has been going on for eons and only just now is useable.

I still think Tramp's obsession with his tape deck from the 70's being a better brodcasting medium than a news van or a Jet (which btw brocasts messages to base all the time and thats how megatron would get teh signal doofus) is silly but since no one has made a plausible motivation, i figured i would offer up something.

btw - the only thing thats stupider than Tramp's insistance that G1 Toys are logical and realistic in a Live action setting is that Siburke is getting Mad about it.

BTW - Tramp may have hit on a possible MOTIVATION with out knowing it.

Why would a robot choose to do this if we already have Frenzy established in the movie world?

Well- after realizing how weak Frenzy was, the Deceps, decided to upgrade the techonology and concept.

Maybe this has been going on for eons and only just now is useable.

I still think Tramp's obsession with his tape deck from the 70's being a better brodcasting medium than a news van or a Jet (which btw brocasts messages to base all the time and thats how megatron would get teh signal doofus) is silly but since no one has made a plausible motivation, i figured i would offer up something.

For playing back recordings for others to hear, a jet or van is pretty useless. I also never said he had to be a 70s tape deck. The modern equivalent is obviously more appropriate; be that in the form of a portable AM/FM stereo with CD player and tape deck, a portable DVD player, or a laptop computer. A laptop computer would be more difficult to pull off though as far as transformation goes, but certainly more functional.

Secondly, I don't have an obsession with the G1 toys. I simply understand the in story motivations behind those modes and their purposes, as well as how they tie in to the character as a whole.

Tramp out Problem is that your "one good reason" isn't very good.

Sound wave was as broken as megatron.. no, more broken than megatron the day the first diskman was released.

Tramp you ever consider that maybe a communications van would have a tape deck inside it? Why would soundwaves WHOLE body be needed to play back an 8track?

:tfevil

Either that or I'm sitting here giggling as I type. Rollin' wi da trollin'.....

Tramp out Problem is that your "one good reason" isn't very good.

Sound wave was as broken as megatron.. no, more broken than megatron the day the first diskman was released.

No, he isn't. The tape deck form may now be a bit out of date, but the concept behind that type of mode is not. What made Megatron "broken" was not the mass conversion. It was his being the leader yet having an alternate mode that relied on someone else (usually Starscream) to hold him and pull the trigger. That isn't a good design for the leader. IT is fine for a lacky, but not the Commander.

Tramp you ever consider that maybe a communications van would have a tape deck inside it? Why would soundwaves WHOLE body be needed to play back an 8track?

And how would the other Decepticons gain access to the recordings? how would Soundwave play them back? having the stuff inside a vehicle mode is useless if the others can't hear or see the data. Why would soundwave's whole body need to be devoted to communications? simple, the added processing and transmitting power. That is why.

Tramp, seriously, it's over. Doesn't matter how many times you repeat the same thing or how often you've watched Murphy's interviews. The number of retcon explanations you've got ready to cut & paste is insignificant. There is no reason for mass-shifting. It just doesn't fit into a mainstream-oriented movie. Please, let it die, because you're starting to piss people off and I don't really want Pete to hurt me for saying what I really, really want to say to you. Get over it. It ain't G1. New 'verse, some old characters in new forms, some old concepts, but overall it's new. Take it as it is and enjoy it. Or don't. I don't care anymore.

Well that's an OPINION. Like the more commonly held on that magic shrinky Transformers is Stupid. (notice I've retconed to stupid from dumb

Ps I'm talkin to Tramp.

Archived