The Bond Gadget Test

Hobbes-timus Prime

And how come no Mass Shifting Supporters have answered my question? You know what I think it is...they're too chicken.

because you pwned any argument i may have had. i only like mass shifting because it rids you of the realism barrier, but the downsides are all hobbes listed and probably more. while i may not have a problem with making such sacrifices to incorporate trainformers, skinny jetformers, etc, the public does unfortunately.

such a cruel cruel world.... :tfsad

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think it's a cop-out to say "the premise of Transformers isn't based in reality so therefore who cares about mass shifting". I see that argument all the time whenever someone brings up some dumb idea that's found its way into a given property. The excuse is always the same. "Well it's not real duh so that means any unrealistic thing is okay." No it doesn't mean that.

And let's not forget that mass shifting is a RETCON.

They're fecking toys, jeebus, of course they're not always going to be to scale with each other. Or would you prefer every jetformer to be a Supreme class and every carformer to be a basic?

*hugs Pete*

I love you some days.

>_> In the totally hetero-manly way of course!

Or would you prefer every jetformer to be a Supreme class and every carformer to be a basic?

Well, I do really like how closely to scale with each other the Movie Autobots and Barricade are...I wouldn't mind the future toylines to continue that sort of thing, like a "civilian vehicle" scale and a "military vehicle" scale. Not exact, of course, but in terms of which vehicles end up in which size classes...I dig that.

Or would you prefer every jetformer to be a Supreme class and every carformer to be a basic?

Well, I do really like how closely to scale with each other the Movie Autobots and Barricade are...I wouldn't mind the future toylines to continue that sort of thing, like a "civilian vehicle" scale and a "military vehicle" scale. Not exact, of course, but in terms of which vehicles end up in which size classes...I dig that.

I agree with this Hobbes.

The Autobots & Barricade all seem to be nicely scaled together. While most of the Decepticons seem to be the same. It's very nice looking at Blackout and Starscream next to Brawl and the mini-Scorponok. It gives them a great sense of "Hey that's a pretty good sense of scale going on there."

The Autobots & Barricade all seem to be nicely scaled together. While most of the Decepticons seem to be the same. It's very nice looking at Blackout and Starscream next to Brawl and the mini-Scorponok. It gives them a great sense of "Hey that's a pretty good sense of scale going on there."

You may want to look at it from the perspective of "what value does this provide to the consumer". Because I'm sure Hasbro does. There is a certain value to having a bunch of toys that are all scaled to each other. There is also a competing value of having all the toys be equally fun to play with. And I would suspect that Hasbro would be biased toward the second value, rather than the first. Sure, in general you tend to see the larger vehicles made into larger molds (and sold at a larger price point lolz), but it's not ever done exactly. Some kids like to play with airplanes, others like to play with cars. And they're going to lose interest quickly if their toy options are dictated by size class because some older fans are more interested in how they all look together on display.

It's just a bit myopic, is all.

Yes... :redface

You may want to look at it from the perspective of "what value does this provide to the consumer". Because I'm sure Hasbro does. There is a certain value to having a bunch of toys that are all scaled to each other. There is also a competing value of having all the toys be equally fun to play with. And I would suspect that Hasbro would be biased toward the second value, rather than the first. Sure, in general you tend to see the larger vehicles made into larger molds (and sold at a larger price point lolz), but it's not ever done exactly. Some kids like to play with airplanes, others like to play with cars. And they're going to lose interest quickly if their toy options are dictated by size class because some older fans are more interested in how they all look together on display.

Why did you say this like I don't understand this Pete? I'm not so uber-fanboy to think Hasbro has an agenda besides making fun toys that sale well. I just said it is nice to look at them and say - "that scale is pretty cool." That's all. I'm not saying that they should keep it this way forever or make sure everythign is in scale. Jeez man. Sometiems I wonder just how you really think of me at times.

Just because you're usually the barer of wisdom and reality/anti-fanboyism, doesn't mean that I always need you point out what flaws I might have or not have had when I posted that I enjoyed a bit of semi-good scaling. :P

Why did you say this like I don't understand this Pete? I'm not so uber-fanboy to think Hasbro has an agenda besides making fun toys that sale well. I just said it is nice to look at them and say - "that scale is pretty cool." That's all. I'm not saying that they should keep it this way forever or make sure everythign is in scale. Jeez man. Sometiems I wonder just how you really think of me at times.

Just because you're usually the barer of wisdom and reality/anti-fanboyism, doesn't mean that I always need you point out what flaws I might have or not have had when I posted that I enjoyed a bit of semi-good scaling. :P

And my posts are not always (read = never) personal attacks directed at you, angst boy. :tflaugh

And my posts are not always (read = never) personal attacks directed at you, angst boy. :tflaugh

Just seemed like I couldn't say that I liked the movie toys sense of scale, without you havign to tell me I'm being myopic and not thinking through it as a company would. I do understand their reasons and expect nothing less from them. I just didn't see a need to be told I was being myopic is all.

EDIT --

Yeah - I was being angsty - be meh. I'm allowed my angst card use 3 times a month.

Just seemed like I couldn't say that I liked the movie toys sense of scale, without you havign to tell me I'm being myopic and not thinking through it as a company would. I do understand their reasons and expect nothing less from them. I just didn't see a need to be told I was being myopic is all.

BUT YOU ARE YOU ARE OMG LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Sorry for not being clearer -- I usually springboard off of specific posts to make larger points that are more generally applicable to "the fandom" than any one person.

oh and

sorry%20world.JPG

Archived