Dark Sun

Gundam Kai

Yea I made this purely outa legos. Some of the joints don't match the basic color scheme since I had a limited number of black and grey joints. There really isn't a story behind this giant transforming Gundam MS. I can't decide on what scale I want it to be, but I'm thinking about making it 1/2000 scale.

Anywho here are the pics.

Ship Mode:

100_1585.jpg

100_1586.jpg

100_1587.jpg

100_1588.jpg

100_1589.jpg

MS Mode:

100_1590.jpg

100_1591.jpg

100_1592.jpg

More pics to come

Impressive, I'm always amazed what people can make out of legos. Makes me miss my collection, though I think my mom through them out years ago after I moved out.

There were actualy many prototypes to this version. Part of him actualy used to be the stand that I made for him, but it just looks alot better with the stand an actual part of him. For me the key to getting awesome creations is listening to like rock music. It stimulates my mind and creativity. I'm going to post more pics of him tomorrow and eventualy make another stand. Without the stand he can't even fit between my shelves(which there's about 14in space between them), so with the stand he'd go to the top shelf. If I take him apart I'll show pics of my basic frame, but without the lower legs since they vary per model

Nice work! I especially like the head and upper torso.

One slight point - if it's possible, I'd suggest reducing the abs to a 2x4 as opposed to a 4x4 piece. I think it would improve the look a little.

Other than that, great stuff!

One slight point - if it's possible, I'd suggest reducing the abs to a 2x4 as opposed to a 4x4 piece. I think it would improve the look a little.

Do you mean make it shorter or thinner? I like it the way it is. It gives it a big large menacing feel to it. And if it were at 1/2000 scale, it would end up being about twice as talle as the Empire State Building. Thus I got the name "Dark Sun" from his being able to prevent the sun from hitting the earth on account of its rather large size.

That guys just too cool!

Thanks. Just so you guys might have a better understanding of how large he is, the length of my hand (from wrist to top of midle finger) is about 6 inches. He is rather large and looks like death flying towards you.

Do you mean make it shorter or thinner? I like it the way it is. It gives it a big large menacing feel to it. And if it were at 1/2000 scale, it would end up being about twice as talle as the Empire State Building. Thus I got the name "Dark Sun" from his being able to prevent the sun from hitting the earth on account of its rather large size.

Oop, sorry. Shorter. He looks to me just a touch stretched in the vertical direction. But if you're happy with it, don't change a thing! :thumb

Archived