Botcon Exclusive Set Revealed

StructuralDefect

DO NOT WANT :tfgrin

Cool for anyone who can afford this set, I'm wanting the comic to be released separately liek last years one was.

Bring me the movie figures so I may purchase.

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm with Pete

After classics Dirge Ramjet, Starscream, & Skywarp I am so done with this mold.

I wouldn't go as far to say I wouldn't buy further repaints if they were made available but seeing as they won't be it's hardly anything for me to get upset at. This is barely a blip on the radar after seeing most of the movie toys in detail.

If people want to spend hundreds on a set of deluxe repaints fine by me I'd sooner spend hundred on much cooler toys.

Yes, I was willing to buy any original TF made for the Classics line, but Hasbro has seen fit to kill and bury it.

Considering the limits of TF toys, I think Dirge and Thrust would be straight repaints of Ramjet.

Still, Hasbro had March and April to release such repaints; so this Botcon set is plain cruel.

Considering that the MOVIE will be hitting at the same time as BotCon...

...does anyone care about this?

There's one group of people that care about this: The angry, angry movie haters who sit around and dream of Classics returning in September after the movie bombs.

And I love how expensive and inconvenient Botcon has made it for these people to get a proper G1 fix while they'll be tripping over movie toys at a reasonable price.

I'm a dick. :redface

Yeah, you are a dick, opposite of opinion but just as bad as the movie haters.

I for one just like the Classics line. I know the rest of you are burnt out on Armada, Energon and Cybertron but I really liked Classics and would have bought every original piece (including repaints) in that line.

I'm with Pete

After classics Dirge Ramjet, Starscream, & Skywarp I am so done with this mold.

I wouldn't go as far to say I wouldn't buy further repaints if they were made available but seeing as they won't be it's hardly anything for me to get upset at. This is barely a blip on the radar after seeing most of the movie toys in detail.

If people want to spend hundreds on a set of deluxe repaints fine by me I'd sooner spend hundred on much cooler toys.

Yes, I was willing to buy any original TF made for the Classics line, but Hasbro has seen fit to kill and bury it.

Considering the limits of TF toys, I think Dirge and Thrust would be straight repaints of Ramjet.

Still, Hasbro had March and April to release such repaints; so this Botcon set is plain cruel.

Considering that the MOVIE will be hitting at the same time as BotCon...

...does anyone care about this?

There's one group of people that care about this: The angry, angry movie haters who sit around and dream of Classics returning in September after the movie bombs.

And I love how expensive and inconvenient Botcon has made it for these people to get a proper G1 fix while they'll be tripping over movie toys at a reasonable price.

I'm a dick. :redface

Yeah, you are a dick, opposite of opinion but just as bad as the movie haters.

I for one just like the Classics line. I know the rest of you are burnt out on Armada, Energon and Cybertron but I really liked Classics and would have bought every original piece (including repaints) in that line.

so far i've bought pretty much all the classics releases accept CJ, which i probably will do once the movie stuff comes out and classics gets all clearanced. i sold the UM just because i don't like white primes. i'll probably by a starscream and ramjet to try my hand at making TC and dirge, i've not got the KB skills to make thrust though.

like i said already, i'm not a big fan of $60 for a $10 toy.

i could understand MAYBE $20 - 30 IF there was some major remolding or retooling, but thats so unlikely it's not even funny.

I for one love Classics and would love to have this set. BUT, I'm not selling my body for medical research just to pay for this damn set. If by some miracle I'm making the kind of money in the next 3 months that I could throw that money away on it then maybe. BUT, I've got a whole lot to catch up on in completing my Macross collection first, and Yamato Valkyries are damned expensive (and worth every penny).

Guys keep in mind that, although licensed through and having the fun nomenclature of "official," Mastercollector are the dicks in question, not Hasbro. If Hasbro was producing the sets themselves, I can guarantee you that they would be a lot cheaper.

Direct your rage at Fun Enterprises.

Guys keep in mind that, although licensed through and having the fun nomenclature of "official," Mastercollector are the dicks in question, not Hasbro. If Hasbro was producing the sets themselves, I can guarantee you that they would be a lot cheaper.

Direct your rage at Fun Enterprises.

Meh. Hasbro allowed them to do it. They could have said "No, these characters will be mainline releases, you can have Sunstorm and the purple and green guys". They didn't.

I wouldn't pay that kind of money for Sunstorm or for the purple and green guys...

I never said you would. The point is HASBRO allowed FP to have those characters in their exclusives set.

Personally, if they had made Thundercracker a mainline release and replaced him with Sunstorm but kept Dirge and Thrust in the exclusive set, I would have been okay with that.

Jeebus, they're EXCLUSIVES. When has an exclusive anything been easy to get or inexpensive? As far as the Classics go, Hasbro hasn't released the Seekers as repaints/remolds since Armada. Even then, Skywarp was difficult to get and got scalped on eBay. I'm as big of a fan as any of those characters, but I don't want or expect all of them in one line.

*awaits Titanium Skywarp*

:redface

Archived