Botcon Exclusive Set Revealed

StructuralDefect

This pisses me off to no end. I wanted a complete Classics line (minus LoC's) and now it's impossible.

I realize that without BotCon, we wouldn't be getting the figures...or would we?

You have to wonder, why would they make Ramjet, Starscream, and Thundercracker and call it quits there? Why fire up the molds, then remold, etc? Unless...this was already planned when they created the Classics line?

If that is the case, I think Hasbro should hear wall to wall Starscreaming about it. It's not fair for some to get a chance to get them, and others won't...period.

If you can't find 'em in the store, then you can't find 'em. They were fair game. This however, is not.

It feels like a kick in the teeth, and I've been fully supportive of Hasbro these past years when people complained, and now the wind has been taken out of my sails...

on the one had i agree i think they did leave TC out of the main line just so thier would be more incentive to get this set but on the other hand classics was only a filler line and what extra we get is nice sadly its the price tag that i have the problem with

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll never understand Botcon. They should have released a set of the 5 or 6 main movie bots or decepticons since the movie comes out this year. WTF do seekers have to do with this year? :wtf

Oh, and :pfx Madhammer

Considering that the MOVIE will be hitting at the same time as BotCon...

...does anyone care about this?

Overpriced lame toys vs. Sweet, sweet movie figures....

HMMM

im a loyal club member but these botcon sets do make me cringe. last years held no appeal to me but this years really do as ive always had a thing for the seekers. so i can see me having to get one through the club if they do them again. looks like i wont be affording a holiday this year again lol

i'm getting the botcon set... at least i will like all the figures for a change

:pfx

If it was movie-related figures, everyone would be Starscreaming because those figures will be warming the shelves in mass retail by the time the movie is released.

There's one group of people that care about this: The angry, angry movie haters who sit around and dream of Classics returning in September after the movie bombs.

And I love how expensive and inconvenient Botcon has made it for these people to get a proper G1 fix while they'll be tripping over movie toys at a reasonable price.

I'm a dick. :redface

Hey TFans!

Yea, I am sorry that most fans feel alittle mad about this...

But you have to understand the cold hard fact that we are all consumers.

Corporations have lived off of us (for many years) and any amount of petty and immature Starscreaming is not going to change the system. We buy what they make. It's a simple system. It's all your choice!

Do I think it's right? Hell no!

But I've been collecting TFs for a few years and I've seen certain patterns...

Here are a few examples:

1. Through the TFans News boards, I saw the prototypes and read all the news articles on the manufacturing of MP1 Masterpiece Prime. He is an awesome figure! I was sold upon first glance. Paid over a hundred bucks for him. Preorderd through HLJ...

20th Anniversarry Prime comes out in Walmart. (Then a third repaint came out with a craptastic stand)

And then he was put on Clearance for under $30 USD...

My heart was crushed! A cheaper version of the same (almost) figure produced in the millions at local reatial stores...

I paid way to much for Prime and I felt very angry...

2. RID came out with Build King. A multicolor Autobot Devastator clone... Or want a be...

Years later Target sold a well painted Decepticon version of the same figs known as Constructicon Devastator.

I'm glad I did not buy the original multicolor group and I instead eagerly bought this set from Target. Great figures!

3. Not to mention the many times Megatron was reapinted into Galvatron and other molds were constantly repainted in better colors. I mean look at Energon Bulkhead. Now look at Energon Quickstrike. Who looks better? My vote goes to the repaint!

4. Energon Megatron was suppose to be exclusive to Walmart, right? Then he showed up in every major retail store... And the mold really payed homage to G1 Galvatron, which I think is the best repaint of the mold...

5. Thanks to this forum I saw the color scheme of Cybertron Megatron and knew he would be repainted into Galvatron. I waited to buy Megs and soon after a perfect color shceme of Cyberton Galvatron come out. The figure looked great in G1 Megatron colors! I dont think of my Galaxy Force Galvatron as the second incarnation of the mold. He IS my Megatron! I'm so glad I passed up Cyberton/GF Megs for this repaint...

So in conclusion, you can get mad. Hell, you can get down right pissed off enough to blast the suits at Hasbro with your Fusion Cannon for bowwww bow bow bow bowww you with open arms... But we are still fans of the Transformers. And it's our hobby to collect and to celebrate them with positivity.

The bottom line is you need to learn to be an educated consumer.

And thanks to this forum, I think we can help each other for years to come...

Thanks for reading my rant, fellow TFans. I hope I can enlighten you all on a little bit of hard to swallow knowledge...

Keep reading the News and keep posting your ideas!

There's one group of people that care about this: The angry, angry movie haters who sit around and dream of Classics returning in September after the movie bombs.

And I love how expensive and inconvenient Botcon has made it for these people to get a proper G1 fix while they'll be tripping over movie toys at a reasonable price.

I'm a dick. :redface

:lol

You are. :P

I for one am uber excited about the movie and all the goodness that will come with it.

I for one am uber pissed about the fact that I won't ever ever ever have Classics versions of Thundercracker, Thrust and Dirge - you know without having to donate a limb or a vital organ, or throwing myself deeper into debt.

Dicks. :fire

Archived