Movie Bonecrusher Concept Artwork

Lord Madhammer

I would say that it is more likely that the toy designers can't make heads or tales out of that robot mode and can't figure out how to make that transform into the vehicle mode. I know I can't.

Sure...because the toy designers don't work closely with the movie people at all, no sir.

Vehicon head you say? Have you even seen Blackout, Starscream, Barricade's heads. They all look like vehicons IMO.

I never said they all didn't. :D

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would say that it is more likely that the toy designers can't make heads or tales out of that robot mode and can't figure out how to make that transform into the vehicle mode. I know I can't.

Sure...because the toy designers don't work closely with the movie people at all, no sir.

Sarcasm won't get you anywhere with me. We all know that the toy designers did work closely with the movie designers. Regardless, some designs will translate better than others into toys, and Bonecrusher is not one of them. There is no correlation between his robot mode and his vehicle mode except for the minesweeper arm. How the movie guys can get a Buffalo into that robot shape is beyond me, and would be impossible for a toy to do. That is why, I suspect, the toy designers came up with Wreckage. I don't know for certain, but that is what I suspect.

There is no correlation between his robot mode and his vehicle mode except for the minesweeper arm. How the movie guys can get a Buffalo into that robot shape is beyond me, and would be impossible for a toy to do. That is why, I suspect, the toy designers came up with Wreckage. I don't know for certain, but that is what I suspect.

Well I'm glad you hold all the knowledge, then.

Sarcasm won't get you anywhere with me. We all know that the toy designers did work closely with the movie designers. Regardless, some designs will translate better than others into toys, and Bonecrusher is not one of them. There is no correlation between his robot mode and his vehicle mode except for the minesweeper arm. How the movie guys can get a Buffalo into that robot shape is beyond me, and would be impossible for a toy to do. That is why, I suspect, the toy designers came up with Wreckage. I don't know for certain, but that is what I suspect.

Bonecrusher is still getting a Deluxe toy release. I think Wreckage may have just been a design/character they didn't end up using in the movie (speculation of course).

You're really fixated on this, aren't you?

You're really fixated on this, aren't you?

Just like the range of motion & armor thing, Pete.

Not that Tramp can't be, but he is.

It's just kind of annoying to come into these topics and see them taken over by these stupid nitpicky issues.

Sorry for keeping the nitpicking alive.

Archived