Easiest Alternator to Transform?

Bizzmoff

Shockwave.

Good lord he is a pain in the arse, albeit because his right arm and the bonnet aren't very well attached :grr

But then again I own him and swindle :tftongue

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phew, I thought I was the only one with problems with the mustangs. They are hard to transform without having a door fall off. In terms of transformations, they're the hardest. In terms of pain in the ass kind of transforming, I think the subaru's, corvettes, and Prime take the cake. Aligning the doors/legs in the Subarus are painstaking, and I really think it depends on how the toy is manufactured. IE It seems to me that my Silverstreak is a little easier to transform back to car mode than the other two. Same goes for Tracks. I got the alternator version, and its legs are harder to go back to car mode than the binaltech Ravage I have. What do you guys think? I pretty much agree with Alt Prime's legs, it makes me not want to extend them that 1 cm (for all it's worth) going to bot mode.

Pretty much it's not too difficult to get these guys into bot mode than to go back car. And in terms of the easiest, I'd agree with the Jeeps and S2000. I don't have the two newer ones yet, but everyone else are about in the middle. But due to the above difficulty with Grimlock, Wheeljack, Tracks, and Prime, I tend to leave them as cars.

the jag ravage is the easiest, no question but i hate myself when i take wheeljack out of the display cabinet to transform him

Shockwave is the only TF in 20 years that I almost threw back in the box and returned to the store. After at least ten or fifteen minutes I figured out that the little mini-hood his head is supposed to fit through was bent out of shape preventing the whole process. There is almost no fudge space around these parts. A little pressure got it back on the right track but I still will not transform it if I don't have to.

CM

Jeeps, definetly.. probably one of the more stable ones too in robot mode.. I always have problems getting the Mazdas and the Subarus to stand..

Hardest by far are the Mustangs.. it's really mostly getting the head out and attaching the torso and arms correctly that give me problems.

Hound and Meister/Shockwave are easiest for me. There's very little that needs aligning and nothing that gets in the way.

And the hardest one I've got is Prime, since I have to use honest-to-goodness Excessive Force to push his legs/bed in that quarter inch to get him back into truck mode. It's darn near a toss up whether the legs will go in, or I'll snap the entire toy in half trying. (On the opposite end of the scale, his stupid bumper parts keep falling off; other than that and a single time a door came off of Grimlock, I've never had an alternator 'shed'. Alt Prime is not a great toy.)

I agree on the Mazdas. They aren't quite the most simple molds, but they're the prefected form of of the Subarus. They come together just great. Plus they're some of my fave TF's ever.

The easiest are either the Ford GT's or the Honda s2000 molds. I always go by the book on transformations, (Even with Minicons!) but these guys sort of explained themselves. The true pains in the ass remain the Mustangs. For all the reasons given earlier. The first time I transformed Kiss Convoy (Beats alt. Optimus any day of the week!) the arm-placement made me cry like a girly-man.

Finally got Alt Grimlock and Wheeljack, I won't be transforming them back to vehicle mode for sometime... Definitely a difficult transformation and the Subarus, I think when you put them back into car mode, the legs are the most annoying. Took me several tries to get the thing to fit back into car mode.

Easiest, wow uhh Rumble, Ravage are really simple. Hound, Sideswipe(and his remolds) and Jazz are really easy.

Archived