Easiest Alternator to Transform?

Bizzmoff

Hound and Meister/Shockwave are easiest for me. There's very little that needs aligning and nothing that gets in the way.

And the hardest one I've got is Prime, since I have to use honest-to-goodness Excessive Force to push his legs/bed in that quarter inch to get him back into truck mode. It's darn near a toss up whether the legs will go in, or I'll snap the entire toy in half trying. (On the opposite end of the scale, his stupid bumper parts keep falling off; other than that and a single time a door came off of Grimlock, I've never had an alternator 'shed'. Alt Prime is not a great toy.)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hound and Meister/Shockwave are easiest for me. There's very little that needs aligning and nothing that gets in the way.

And the hardest one I've got is Prime, since I have to use honest-to-goodness Excessive Force to push his legs/bed in that quarter inch to get him back into truck mode. It's darn near a toss up whether the legs will go in, or I'll snap the entire toy in half trying. (On the opposite end of the scale, his stupid bumper parts keep falling off; other than that and a single time a door came off of Grimlock, I've never had an alternator 'shed'. Alt Prime is not a great toy.)

You do realise that you can push in the fuel drums on the sides of his legs, and they act as a catch to move the legs easier?

*edit* just realised you mean dodge ram prime, not masterpiece prime. duh, me. :tfhuh

I got Ravage last night - he wasn't too difficult to transform, so he's probably an eventual candidate for the "easy" list. (I got Rumble, too - but I decided I'd wait a day or two so I could savor what are likely to be the last two Alts, I'll have to comment on him later.)

!

:grr trench rulz sux

Since Skids is my favorite G1 TF ever, I've never had trouble with his Alt. :D

Guest Primal-Convoy

Hardest: Without a doubt its Grimlock. I simply cannot get his arms to transform back into car mode, so I ripped them off and stuffed them in the box with his unfinished car mode. Terrible design and probably one of the reasons why Alternators/Binaltech will not be continued...a shot in the foot perhaps?

Easiest: Jaguar Ravage. All you have to basically do is extend the front and rearlegs and move the front of the car over onto the cat mode's back and voila! Instant moggy.

I only have the 3 Kiss figures (lowers head in shame, but what can I say, I liked the colors and mold variotion on mazda) but have not had any real problems with any of them. I can proudly say that I have yet to need to consult the instruction sheet(s). Of the 3, I think that Hot Roddimus is the easiest thing I've seen in a long time.

I have always prided myself, ever since I was 5(1985/6) begging G-ma for more toys, that I never look at instruction sheets for my TF's, all I need are the pics of figure in both modes, this goes for MP-01 and MP-03 as well. The only time I did wind up looking at instructions were when I fist picked up Tripredicus/Magnaboss. The Stag Beetle and Elephant were just ridiculous.

Easiest for me is the S2000 bots and the GT. Hardest is the Mustang. The corvette and Ram are just annoying to transform

Archived