Movie Deluxe Bumblebee

Pascal

CAR MODE

It's the old '74 Camaro. Painted windows, some dirt effects, black stripes, silver rims, silver headlights, silver trim on the front bumper, painted brake lights. It's like an unkidified version of Energon Hot Shot or Armada Hot Shot. Had to fix the hood on mine as it didn't want to stay in place (locking tabs were too thin). A few drops of superglue and it was ready to go.

TRANSFORMATION

Some interesting stuff going on here as Bumblebee has both flipchanging and automorph gimmicks. You start by detaching the guns from the undercarriage. Then, under the car, you flip up the little panel with the Autobot insignia to unlock the front portion of the vehicle. Then you push the button on the hood and the chest with flip down and automorph at the same time (headlights move forward and to the center over the front grill). Turn the head around. Move the arms up laterally until the wheels lock on the shoulders. Fold down and pose the arms. Open the doors and lift the whole windshield/doors piece to form the "wings" behind Bumblebee. To form the legs, split the rear of the car in two. Rotate the bumper completely under the car and slide it to the rear by holding it parallel to the car. This will activate the automorph feature and move the rear window down and the knee guard up. Once you're done, fold down the feet and repeat for the other leg. Then you can attach the guns to the shoulders or the fists. Missiles are spring-loaded. The transformation is very fun and very smooth.

ROBOT MODE

Very good poseability. Head is on a ball joint and can rotate on 360 degrees and tilt up and down. Ball joints for the shoulders and elbows. Fists can rotate on 360 degrees. Ball joints for the hips. Joints for the knees (forward-backward) and the feet (up/down). Robot mode brings some more black and blue detailing. I for one love the headsculpt. There's a number on the waist area that says "4NZZ454". Dunno what it refers to.

Overall, a very nice figure. I wish Barricade had that kind of poseability. I prefer Barricade's look, but for playability, Bumblebee takes the win.

100_1408.jpg

100_1415.jpg

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks better this time around - but I'm still not in a 'MUST BUY IT" phase - don't think I will get into it like that. Maybe if they released him as the new Camero in Deluxe form? *shrugs*

Very nice. With a slight modification, and some gold paint, that thing could be Goldbug/Jim Rockford's Pontiac Firebird.

I so want to see a M.E.G.A.S. XLR re-patint of that thing!!!

Looks better this time around - but I'm still not in a 'MUST BUY IT" phase - don't think I will get into it like that. Maybe if they released him as the new Camero in Deluxe form? *shrugs*

He is getting a 08 Camero deluxe toy, he was shown at the New York toyfare in the room where no pictures where allowed.

I'm probably wanting to get all the deluxes :tfgrin

Archived