People who have sold all or most of their TFs

Bizzmoff

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just often say "What does any of this ultimately amount to?" and think about hauling my entire collection down to the thrift store.

At least once a month or so.

Same here.

I mean, lately, I've been focusing on collecting Primes/Convoys, which is fine, because I keep those out to display. I wonder about my Cybertron collection, though, because those are packed away or back in their boxes, and even THAT is taking up a lot of space.

What's scaring me is that I've bought pretty much all my TFs in the past 18 months, totalling almost $6000. That's scary... :redface

Holy sh*t

Okay I've maybe almost not really spent that much on TFs in my entire existence...

I sold all my complete BW and BM and RID collections, and Energon will folllow. Oh, Alts are gone too... that leaves me with other 350 'bots that sooner or later will disappear. But I know that once I leave TFs I'll be a technology b*tch!

I'm already a musical instrument b*tch. A double 15" speaker cabinet takes up more room than a few Primes.

I started in 85 and after relocating to the south and then moving about 7 times I "lost" my collection

(stoped for 4 years)

and started back again in 96. Beast wars had a few figures, TM2 megs and cryotek for example were awesome!

armada sucked to me except the mini cons and unicron, energon got better, but when it came to cybertron

I couldn't help myself it was such a great line! Classics I find that I am going only after 'cons esp seekers.

Don't know what to think about the figs from the movie tho..... Then there's that new master piece megs.

As a kid in the eighties i had some transformers and gobots but nothing like a collection. then in 1989 i passed them onto another youngster and promptly forgot about them. In the early ninties i saw g2 on tv but was turned off by the lack of new cartoons. Later in the n inties i saw BW but it didn't do nuthin for me.

Then for an unknown reason in 2001 i wandered into a target toy section and saw RiD. i was moved to buy the car bros. because of the realistic alt modes. At the time i knew someday i may be able to sell them at a profit so i bought the car bros and one set of landfill and never opened them. just hung them on the was as really neat art. then my curiosity got the best of me so i bought another set of car broys to play with. Then i fell in love with the re-issues and alternators and started buying select ones.

Then energon hit and i started into the pitfall of figure buying, but many of the toys were not to my liking. Cybertron came and i loved it and picked up many deluxes and duplicates. Classics have had all duplicates.

I would sell all the packaged duplicates some day... but i will always keep any open fig. thats my philosophy.

Archived