Interesting.......

Cliffjumper69

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My major issue with this being "true" is the mass/dimensions difference between Prime's two truck modes - that's a LOT of size difference. How can they make that work if they ain't doing the mass-changing stuff? I guess they'll explain it away with super-parts compression? But that just comes off as lame to me.

If he's being rebuilt to change his alternate mode, he could have mass added/removed then. Mass shifting is primarily an issue with regular transformation between modes with highly disparate sizes/masses, like 20ft tall robot into human's microcassette recorder.

Another thing that gives it away is the utter lack of an Autobot symbol anywhere on it. All the Autobot cars in the movie have an Autobot Symbol "hiiden" somewhere on the car body. Prime's is a hood ornament, while Ironhide's is an embossing on the tail gate, and Ratchet's is in his Emergency vehicle emblem. I'm not sure where Bumblebee's is, but it is there somewhere. The black Peterbuilt there doesn't have one at all.

• 2 weeks later...

It looks a bit too run down compared to the ones that are TFs. Must be just a workhorse for towing equipment.

OMG blast from the past (30 years, that is...I've never seen one of those on the road)

I see them on the road all the time around here (in VA)... I guess it's just dependant on how big of a shipping thoroughfare your area is. Smaller, less financially well off companies would obviously drive older, outdated trucks... I dunno, just a thought.

if you look at all the pics, it is the truck towing the trailer with all the promotional junk. not a movie vehicle.

It would seem to me that if that is in fact the case, they might have parked it, oh, I dunno, maybe, OUTSIDE IN THE PARKING LOT OR LOADING DOCK AREA? I mean, my band uses a Dodge Dakota with a 14 foot box trailer to get our gear to a show, but we don't bring it inside and park it in the bar over by the bathrooms. It stays outside... Again, just a thought. :tflaugh

OMG blast from the past (30 years, that is...I've never seen one of those on the road)

I see them on the road all the time around here (in VA)... I guess it's just dependant on how big of a shipping thoroughfare your area is. Smaller, less financially well off companies would obviously drive older, outdated trucks... I dunno, just a thought.

i see alot of cab-overs as well. i generally don't pay attention, but i noticed this last time just how many i saw.

if you look at all the pics, it is the truck towing the trailer with all the promotional junk. not a movie vehicle.

It would seem to me that if that is in fact the case, they might have parked it, oh, I dunno, maybe, OUTSIDE IN THE PARKING LOT OR LOADING DOCK AREA? I mean, my band uses a Dodge Dakota with a 14 foot box trailer to get our gear to a show, but we don't bring it inside and park it in the bar over by the bathrooms. It stays outside... Again, just a thought. :tflaugh

yea, but you don't know the circumstances. it's highly likely that the trailer was late so they had to improvise. or maybe they where just lazy? either way, i'm pretty positive it's the truck that hauled the promo trailer. i've seen this kind of thing before at auto shows and the like.

I'm a little confused. Why should 'Gee Wunnerz!' STFU?

I mean, it's a black truck. So what? It could be random truck # 17 from a highway devastation scene for all anyone knows.

Archived