Your most embarrasing "ah ha!" moment

Devil Mazinkaiser

Okay...

This is really embarrasing to even admit, but last night I pulled my GF Noisemaze off the shelf and TF'ed him into his jet mode, just because.

I must have done this a hundred times before, and each time I position the wings like how I thought they were supposed to be; inverted (ie: G1 Cyclonus) and on the little black clips which are attached to the legs, flat along the bottom of the jet mode.

Then I started looking at the figure, and wondered why those clips had joints on them, and even more curious was why there were little gaps on the fuselage that looked like you could plug the wings into them for storage.

Then it hit me - the little clips are supposed to wrap AROUND the legs in jet mode, and the wings plug into the holes on the fuselage to lock in place.

DOH! :redface

Has anyone else done anything like this??? Transform a toy for a long time, then realizing you have been doing it wrong all along???

Guess it would help if I actually read the instructions....

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've done this a bunch of times. I cant single one out right now though. (old age)

Quite often... & I read the instructions. :redface

I've done this a bunch of times. I cant single one out right now though. (old age)

Same here, but not due to old age :tflaugh

I'd have to say it took me at least two weeks to figure out that GF Sonic Bomber's tail had storage space for the foil sword handles. It had completely eluded me before then.

When I found out that Classics Hot Rod (NOT. RODIMUS.) could slide the whole hip joint forward, and stand up straight!

I'm sure more than a few people have made that mistake. I know I did.

You see saberwolf, you should make posts like these - and I don't mean just about toys, I mean posts that are interesting and worth reading!

Anyhoo, I only just discovered that Classics Rodimus thing like 20 seconds ago when I read Tim's post.

I was also recently corrected on my transformation of Classics Astrotrain - I didn't realise that the shuttle halves fold up to sit in more tightly with the sides of his legs.

When I first got Seaspray, I didn't realise his legs could be pulled out. Took me a few months to figure that out.

When I first got Beachcomber it took me a few weeks to realise that his arms could pull out to the sides and a few months after I realised his legs could extend.

Took me a few days before I figured out Warpath's locking mechanism.

When I first transformed Windcharger, I didn't realise that his arms could lock down.

Although I knew, I frequently would forget to flip out Blaster's feet as a kid.

I initially did not notice the locking mechanism on Ultra Magnus that keeps his arms up in truck mode - which is important when the upper deck is holding Autobot cars. I thought to myself that surely there had to be something to prevent the upper deck from sagging, so I fiddled around and found the locks.

Took me a few weeks before I realised that Long Haul's canopy could be locked into his back (I intially allowed to just dangle freely).

I never worked out that Powermaster Prime's head could fit inside his trailer. It wasn't until "Transformers Generations" was published and I read about how his head was once intially slated to transform a roller buggy that would have been stored in his trailer that I then decided to try it out! Ah ha!

I can think of only two, and they both concern Megatron...

1) The shin guards on Classics Megs can slide up. Didn't realize it till two weeks after I got him.

&

2) Inside each of G2 Tank Megs's legs, there's a slot to store a missile. I didn't realize what they were for until I had him for several years. I just assumed that the extra missiles that wouldn't fit in the cannon were supposed to be set aside or something :wtf

I can think of only two, and they both concern Megatron...

1) The shin guards on Classics Megs can slide up. Didn't realize it till two weeks after I got him.

&

2) Inside each of G2 Tank Megs's legs, there's a slot to store a missile. I didn't realize what they were for until I had him for several years. I just assumed that the extra missiles that wouldn't fit in the cannon were supposed to be set aside or something :wtf

Dammit, here I am thinking I am all superior b/c I didn't think I have made any mistakes, then I read this post about G2 Megs. Crap, now I have to go take a look at that. I never even noticed there were any slots in his legs. That's what I get for feeling superior. I should know better.

Archived