For a Blue Bluestreak reissue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gentleman (and ladies if there are any),

I'm not against the idea of a Blue Bluestreak reissue...it would be awesome after all.

Does anyone own a Black-hooded Bluestreak reissue?

Have you seen the quality of the plastic in comparison to the original? I've seen the differences and I was very disappointed in the quality that Takara used to create some of the plastic pieces.

I guess my argument here is not too much the color scheme (which BBS has an awesome one), but more the reissue quality!

I've seen the black and police sideswipes and they are/were worth every penny...same thing for the yellow swipe as well.

I would raise the argument to reissue a Ehobby set with a Red and Police Sunstreakers...would be very interesting (and I think would be very successfull!!)

Rumors did circulate back in the day when the black bluestreak was reissued (much confusion was around this issue...nobody know what color it what have been).....and many collectors were very happy about this release.

Then reviews were very negative of the plastic quality of some of these toys!!

As we all can see TAKARA has almost stopped reissuing G1 cars.

Takara by now has alternators/binaltech in the foreground and movie toys as well.

There should be a 3rd company (or someone in China) who should be looking at that petition!!

Take care!

The.Overlord

Hi Overlord,

I see your point. Yes, I have the Anime Bluestreak reissue and am a bit disappointed about the grey plastic for the doors, hands and head. You can see a good comparison in Maz's article:

http://tf-1.com/articles/pretf_frame.php?art=blackz

However, the type of plastic used apparently depends on the color chosen. All of reissue Prowl and Smokescreen's plastic parts are of more than decent quality. So, for BB's blue plastic,we might get a better result.

As for the life of the G1 reissue lines, the 'Renewal' line is here to lengthen it:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=129561

I doubt the figures sold will be just overstock. But instead of just revamping Optimus and Megatron's package for the xth time, it would be a good idea to show them what G1 collectors really want. That's what the petition is for.

As all recolors, red and police Sunstreakers would be really nice, but as the yellow one was not even reissued, it seems he belongs to the club of the lost molds. At least Bluestreak/Prowl/Smokescreen was reissued, that's why a blue version is possible, and IMO such a piece must be made.

Hi autobotmaintenance,

please do not be mistaken......Takara has the resources to make a Masterpiece Megatron but they cannot that the time to reissue a G1 Sunstreaker? Even if we all think that the molds are gone (which is probably true)....how much effort would it take to go out there...buy a stupid G1 Sunstreaker and recast its mold???!!

We would all presume that it's a corporate decision or of the sorts!

It's GUARANTEED that Takara would have massive success if they would reissue the following:

- Yellow Trailbreaker

- Blue Trailbreaker

- Red Sunstreaker

- Police Sunstreaker

- Blue Bluestreak

- Marlboro Wheeljack

- Red Mirage

- Red Hoist

- Blue Hoist

- Black Skids....(this is much rarer than Blue Bluestreak...I don't see a petition for this one!!)

- Red Skids (both resular and City R)

Please petition....DINOBOTS!

Take care!

The.Overlord

:tflaugh

Yeah sometimes they really need to be told what to do...

Overlord: absolutely, all those reissues would rock! But I thought it was better to be sensible for a first try and petition the most popular (=expensive) one and the most reissued as a mold. And as I'm seeing how hard it is to motivate the public for even this one, imagine how it would be for a black Skids...

As for remaking molds, I don't know if it's true, but I read in another post on KOs that it costed Takara so much to remake accurate molds for Optimus' arms that it's the reason why they're making so many versions... If it's true, they can't reissue Sunstreaker as many times :tflaugh1

• 5 months later...

I have been begging for one of these for so long. Even if it's a E-hobby exclusive, I would still buy it. I also wouldn't mind these KO guys that are making the Mirages doing it. I JUST WANT ONE! :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks for your participation. Currently the number of sigs is 194. Well, if you're a new reader of this forum and are interested or know collectors who would be interested in the piece, please add your signature and we'll reach 200. I don't know how significant this can be, but I think I'll submit it in December, before Takara decides which figures will finish the Encore line. If they include Prowl or Bluestreak, there might be a way for a e-Hobby Blue Bluestreak? I could submit it to Hasbro as well.

Archived