For a Blue Bluestreak reissue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I recently purchased a blue streak that is blue and is stamped by hasbro. I know many of you may not believe that this figure actually exist but it did. Like many of you I do remember an actual bluestreak figure that was blue witha chrome hood and ttop that was out in the early 1980's but was replaced with a silver or grey color blue streak. The blue streak I have looks exactly like the one on the original g1 box and was not repainted. It is stamped hasbro and is 100% originall. I will post pics as soon as I can.

Im going to take pictures and try to get them up tomorrow. Also the hood and ttops are in a mirror polish color that has no streaks or paint marks on it and I cant find a single smudge or anything. I will let you guys be the judges when I put the pics up.

There was a guy selling them last year. It was the silver E-hobby Bluestreak, with a "House of Color" transparent blue, it looked professional. Its basically automotive paint, so it is fairly durable and he probally put in on with a spray gun to get the clean finish

Here is the old post about it from 2004

http://www.TFans.com/talk/index.php?showtopic=10295

This is just one example. The one that was actually painted looked much better, and just for the record the copyright on the chrome bluestreak is in fact 1980, 1982. They never updated the copyright, except they blocked out the japan thing. Please look at Maz's article about it

http://www.tf-1.com/articles/reissue_frame...rt=Chromestreak

Also the one pictured in the auction and the one from the old thread both are missing the sticker that goes over the two screw holes on the hood, this is so you can separate the head and paint it. The chrome one came with a chome sticker and the rest came with a silver or black. But the sticker is applied at the factory

Thanks for the help it looks like I got the one from the 2004 post. The colors look indentical with the chrome windows. I really thought it was real oh well I guess back to the drawing board of looing for a real blue streak.

Archived