Wishful Thinking

Lord Atmo

As long as it's as different from G1 as the current movie is I'm happy. :clap

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

trainformers are different from G1 for sure. hell, i'd be satisfied if we got a trainformer as a toy only, but never appeared in the movie. i just want a trainformer! rail racer is cool, but i was thinking something along the lines of a north american diesel locomotive.

yeah i guess you're right about that. if only there was a way. because the robot mode of an EMD hood unit (pardon my train talk) would look so wicked awesome!

Look into doing custom scratchbuilt designs? I'm considering it the cure for most ailments of the, "I wish a Transformer did or was more ."

Good idea. I bet Atmo could easily wrap a model train around Wreckage from the movie line.

huh? mind explaining what you mean by that? i have a model layout, so i could if i had a clearer idea what you were getting at

huh? mind explaining what you mean by that? i have a model layout, so i could if i had a clearer idea what you were getting at

Click the "Wreckage" link in my previous post. It's a photo gallery for an upcoming movie toy-line character. He's not in the film, but he's got that movie styling, and his Alt. mode is an armored personal carrier that's got multiple wheels and a boxy frame, like a locomotive.

Get one in June, cut off as many personal carrier parts as you can and replace them with model train bits that are roughly the same size to make him a train.

Presto.

i dunno.... his proportions are too off. all my model trains are HO gage, which is pretty tiny. i dunno though. thanks for the tip. i'll see if it's doable when i get him

Tangent, on Customs/Scratchbuilding: After doing some research into the model rail hobby, I was thinking G scale would be more appropriate. Although HO is the most popular, it is a bit small, no?

I'm not a big fan of vehicles that are so limited. Why would any Transformer choose an alt mode that depended upon having railway tracks around? It's a bit like (oh, say) having an alt mode that's a gun b/c you're dependent on having someone else around to fire you. If you're fighting one-on-one, your alt mode is essentially useless.

It seems to me that they have a pretty good assortment of vehicles in the movie already - cars/trucks of various kinds, a semi truck, a jet, a tank, a helicopter...

I think the next level would be combiners... but I'm sure there will be some new alt modes represented in the sequel as well.

Archived