Take the show away from them

CdnShockwave

Well, one of the things a lot of us are missing is that the demographic for the new toons is 5-12 year olds. Who just love Giant robots and silly jokes. I went back and watched all the G 1 out so far on DVD and I would much rather watch Beast Wars. I loved the G 1 toon when I was a kid, then I grew up and it just is not as cool to me now. Except "Call of the Primitives" Which is the best G 1 episode ever.

SO we just need to keep in mind that Hasbro doesn't really care about our 18-40 demographic. We'll buy the toys because most of us have extra money now and we're hooked. We buy cause of our fond memories, the new kids beg to get those memories for themselves.

Bottom line the show is not written for adults it's targeted at little kids.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BW had a superior story compared to G1. BM had a nice story, but I did not like the direction it took.

RID looked good, but the story was horrible. Armada is not much better.

I see some trends:

The higher the amount of interaction with humans, the lower the quality of the story.

The lower the age of the humans, the lower the quality of the story.

I think that all the humans were added for the (!)'human element', but that is completely unnecessary if the TFs are able to show a wide range of emotions.

G1 was ok for me but as far as the best (of what I've seen) is BW.

BW blew me away. I loved the CGI show. Not only was the show great but it was on channel 9 (Los Angeles CA channel) at about 4:30.

This thing of puting it on cartoon network is wrong to me cos i don't get the cartoon network.

I want to see TF cartoons back on regular TV where they belong!!!!!!!

Energon I hear is great but come on these cartoon guys need to strike up adeal on regular TV.

Ok nuff about TV vs cartoon network from me.

The issue at hand is a more intellegent TF cartoon. I'm writting an Idea called Transformers Apocalyps (bad spelling ) Where it is the middle of WW3 and some Pilots find this new jet technology only to find that this technology starts messing up the minds of the pilots (cos these are the Desepticon jets) and well somebody has to rescue these guys.

My idea is still in the works. I may post it as fan fiction on TFormers.com

Thats another idea, I'm sure there are some great TF stories posted as fan fiction. Why don't writers seek these talented people out?

Oh well. We need deeper adult writting yes we do. But we need to convence somebody that there is an audieance willing to tune in to this more adult like TF.

I've been working on a fanfic myself. It's actually kind of a spin-off from RID, but without the stupid. :tfgrin

It focuses ona new group of Autobots which a friend and I are designing, who are desguised as supped up street racer cars and trucks. A new group of Decepticons, half of them based on the figures that didn't make it into the series (such as Axer, Windsheer, Skyfire, Megabolt, etc.), and the other half being Scourge and his team, are heading for Earth for... something. Haven't worked the exact plot out yet. And these Autobots are using a new Energon Capture and Conversion Technology to boost their power and create Energon weaponry (like swords, axes, pile drivers, etc).

Waddaya think?

I'm just gonna stick with the comics. :redface

My sentiments exactly. But ya I totally agree, the Japanese can not do Transfomers at all, they try to make it more like Gundam when Transformers is about robots and NOT humans.

Soundwave.ca

Guest SD Deathscythe Kai

Ah yes, the good ol Gundam Bar to tackle. Transformers doesn't need to be like Gundam, or for that matter Macross. it's in a league of it's own, which is a good thing. too many people can ruin a story, as in all shows, some need to be either killed off, or left behind

The old Transformers anime, like Headmasters and Masterforce were pretty sweet, so the Japanese got it right in the beginning. Beast Wars was great cuz it had no human element whatsoever (cept for those cavemen). Hopefully Energon will not have so much human contact in it, but we'll see.

Hopefully Energon will not have so much human contact in it, but we'll see.

Grim I think you wasting your hope, humans seem like they got even more presence in Energon than Armada.

Hell it’s only a matter of time before Carlos is ordering Optimus around. :redface

Hey skullfire, I'm a sucker for good fanfics. I'm doing some TF fanfic work myself, only my stuff is set at the very end of human civilization, and so the human involvement's slim to none, and it features lesser known bots as the more leading characters (c'mon, Twin Twist and Strafe are two of the biggest characters, along with Scattershot)...

PM me, dude.

The problem i see with the modern tf cartoons is that they are not a direct linkage to the original. look at beast wars, almost all that posted have said it is the best, or at least very close to and why is that it came directly off g1 and had g1 cameos. i think the problem with the newer series is that you can only continue a story for so long (hell the never ending story didnt even live up to its name). and i personaly think that they are making the new series as a form of life support for the line. what should be done imo is for the producers of the shows to go to fansites and find talented fanfic writers and hire them to write the new series's. that way it can be done right.

as to whether or not it should be show on cn, no. they are limiting the fan base to those who can afford luxuries like cable/sattelite, it should be on a network channel, the only problem is that nemore there are only 3 stations that play sturday morning cartoons, fox(they screw with the times too much), Kids WB(they kiddify things too much) and ABC(owned by disney and they shall never get their hands on transformers, they would ruin it, or drop it 8 hrs after they accuired it in order to take attention away from something else that they are doing that people dont like[if you dont know what that is in reference to pm me and i will explain it])

what should be done is have the kid oriented tf's for the kids either on cn or network tv, and have a darker grittier show directed to the older audience like us on late night(like on cn's adult swim) based closer too g1 maybe even based on the war within comics.

well thats just my opinion

Archived