Take the show away from them

CdnShockwave

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

G1 was and still is the ultimate in Transformers. Beast Wars was great, especially the state of the art animation. Beast Machines lacked a decent story. RID was just crap! Armada rebounded somewhat. Energon looks to have the legs to bring TF's back to greatness!

Energon really is better than Armada. Armada showed promise toward the end of its run, and I feel like they have built on that promise with Energon. Kicker didn't bother me at first, but he is starting to get on my nerves.

BW did set a high bar, and I think that it would take another unique set of circumstances to create another such show.

i happen to agree with you on the quality of the scripts. i don't know the origins of these storylines, so i can't comment on that, but i do agree that they are very watered down and bland. i started to notice this with power rangers, everyepisode was an intro for a new toy. and these new cartoons don't have much of an edge, you kind of expect them to end every episode with all the characters holding hands for a sing along.

true. but i haven't trully been impressed since G1.

WHOA! I think there is one reason why shows seem to be worse nowadays. Well actually 2, but they're basically the same

We're growing up. Everything that you like as a kid, you like again as an adult, and you feel like the children of the current generation are getting robbed. EVERY generation feels like they grew up in the best time and feels like the current stuff doesn't compare. Kids now will grow up thinking Armada and Energon set the bar for TF's, and they won't like future stuff. It just happens that way.

Ok, we're getting some messed up scripts these days...but they seem to be smartening up. Look at the Unicron Battles. That was some complex, in-depth, suspenseful drama storytelling. It was awesome. Energon has a very complex story that they seemed to pile too much of on us at once, but now its starting to smooth out. Hopefully it will end up awesome. The idea of having a set show for near simultaneous airing in both Japan and America is good. It allows for both countries to get the same stuff at the same time, and gets rid of any of the annoying "rhino should

good point!! :thumb

We're growing up. Everything that you like as a kid, you like again as an adult, and you feel like the children of the current generation are getting robbed. EVERY generation feels like they grew up in the best time and feels like the current stuff doesn't compare. Kids now will grow up thinking Armada and Energon set the bar for TF's, and they won't like future stuff. It just happens that way.

Have you watched G1 lately? It's still very good today. Sure it was a toy commercial, but you could tell they were really trying.

G1 was ok for me but as far as the best (of what I've seen) is BW.

BW blew me away. I loved the CGI show. Not only was the show great but it was on channel 9 (Los Angeles CA channel) at about 4:30.

This thing of puting it on cartoon network is wrong to me cos i don't get the cartoon network.

I want to see TF cartoons back on regular TV where they belong!!!!!!!

Energon I hear is great but come on these cartoon guys need to strike up adeal on regular TV.

Ok nuff about TV vs cartoon network from me.

The issue at hand is a more intellegent TF cartoon. I'm writting an Idea called Transformers Apocalyps (bad spelling ) Where it is the middle of WW3 and some Pilots find this new jet technology only to find that this technology starts messing up the minds of the pilots (cos these are the Desepticon jets) and well somebody has to rescue these guys.

My idea is still in the works. I may post it as fan fiction on TFormers.com

Thats another idea, I'm sure there are some great TF stories posted as fan fiction. Why don't writers seek these talented people out?

Oh well. We need deeper adult writting yes we do. But we need to convence somebody that there is an audieance willing to tune in to this more adult like TF.

Archived