82 Minutes!?

Hobbes-timus Prime

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the past there was considerable pressure to keep movie running times down - since it could be shown on the same screen more times per day; however, in today's multiplex environment this is no longer the case for something that is a (semi)guaranteed blockbuster. Although, I bet for lower budget horror films, etc., which are not going to start out on 3000 screens on the first day, that some pressure for shorter run-times still exists.

However, considering that this movie isn't going to come out for months, I bet the production team is no where near a final cut - so I think any mention of a precise run-time of "so" many minutes is a bit premature.

82 mins thats a bit too short Im hoping thats just a rumor. You cant even eat a small Popcorn and drink a small Coke in 82 mins. :tfmad

Actually, one must take inot account the popcorn-to-mouth ratio, and then they can truly figure out that equation. However, one must find the exact volume of a small coke and then measure their stomach size and mouth circumference for the second. Also, the brainwaves are a larger factor in the situation, for they tell you how full you are.

Yeah. Are you stupid?

FYI: The original animated movie lasted approximately 82 minutes. 84, in fact. Perhaps they got the wrong movie?

Let's hope to god. However, a shorter movie could mean less Shia and more Starscream, or vice versa. WEIGH THE OPTIONS!

82 minutes could hurt the movie, but 182............. :schin

CJ

:tfdance

Eh. I think my head would explode if I came out of that movie three hours later with Transformer action echoing in my head. I just might have to see it again, actually.

and dont sit there and pretend that Bagger Vance was a BLOCKBUSTER smash of the summer.

It should've been, IMO :redface

and I believe that you read that in an article. It just sounds like hype to me. I mean, when has anyone involved in any movie ever said "This movie coming up is good, but it's not going to top last years", or "This sequal is going to be smaller, slower, and fewer explosions than the first!"

I don't really think the TF movie will really make that much of a lasting impact on the Dreamworks company.

and dont sit there and pretend that Bagger Vance was a BLOCKBUSTER smash of the summer.

It should've been, IMO :redface

and I believe that you read that in an article. It just sounds like hype to me. I mean, when has anyone involved in any movie ever said "This movie coming up is good, but it's not going to top last years", or "This sequal is going to be smaller, slower, and fewer explosions than the first!"

I don't really think the TF movie will really make that much of a lasting impact on the Dreamworks company.

Wasnt that exactly what X3 and Superman Returns were boasting? :tflaugh

And sure it may have been hype but then, what we are talking about now is just roumor.

The only difference between hype and roumor is who made it up.

Archived