82 Minutes!?

Hobbes-timus Prime

None of that means that the movie has to be long. Keep in mind that this movie is as much about selling the concept of Transformers to the general public as anything else. Prior to this, it's only ever been marketed towards kids.

because those older generations from early 70's to the begining of time will need that concept to be sold to them. I don't know who else they would market this movie towards beside kids aside from the fans.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
None of that means that the movie has to be long. Keep in mind that this movie is as much about selling the concept of Transformers to the general public as anything else. Prior to this, it's only ever been marketed towards kids.

because those older generations from early 70's to the begining of time will need that concept to be sold to them. I don't know who else they would market this movie towards beside kids aside from the fans.

This is the problem with 99% of the movie discussion -- nobody understands how movies are marketed. Do you seriously think that marketing a huge summer blockbuster to "kids and adult fans" is going to happen? Ever? Imagine if they'd marketed LotR to "fans of the books" instead of "everyone who would see a PG-13 movie". Or the Star Wars prequels. Or the Harry Potter movies. Or the Spider-Man movies. Or anything else like that. It would be disastrous.

This is really really common-sense if you think about it for a moment.

Of course, I could have completely misinterpreted your comments, in which case I'm an asshole.

i think pete's right on this one. this first movie will be all about introduction to the transformers, who they are, their struggle, their relationship between factions, and their relationship with earth.

i mean thats how trilogies work, right? the first movie's the introduction, the second movie is action action action, the third is the climax where everybody dies. i don't think there will be anywhere near as much solid action as everybody is anticipating.

i think pete's right on this one. this first movie will be all about introduction to the transformers, who they are, their struggle, their relationship between factions, and their relationship with earth.

i mean thats how trilogies work, right? the first movie's the introduction, the second movie is action action action, the third is the climax where everybody dies. i don't think there will be anywhere near as much solid action as everybody is anticipating.

That's why X-men and Blade kicked ass right off the bat, there was no selling the story (although X-men did have like a 30min. pre-story on fox or fx before it came out). Spider-Man and F.F. different in their own rights but followed the script. Star Wars needed no selling because the guy who made it also wrote it years ago and it stuck to the script. LOTR stuck with the script but needed to be sold after that yawntastic fellowship. The Matrix people still owe me my money for seeing part 2 and 3.

See then there's the L.A.R's, advanced alien life form that crash to earth pissed off that they came as piles of Blot from the sky only to automorph...wait..ahh crap..wait...damn...Pete was right... Yep this is gonna have to be sold in a big way to keep the people coming back for part 2 :blueface sigh...just over 3 months to go and not a thing out there to buy.

*goes back to listening "Dare to be stupid"*

Eat My Ass...

I don't like it.

*cries a little bit on the inside*

Actually, in reality, 82 minutes would probbaly be all that was needed to do pretty much every thing in this flick. It'll just hit the ground running and never let up, with lots of quick cuts, fast camera motion, and Bay's standard high-octane, fast-paced action.

Archived