Newbie that might have been screwed?!?!

JonnyZ

:tdown or :thumb

Ok, I purchased a nice little item on Ebay a few weeks ago and am wondering if it was a wise idea. I found an unopened Bumblebee that is ligit from 1985. The card is almost flawless, with very minimal wear from 20 years of whatever. Anyway, the auction got very heated and I ended up spending $285.00 for it!!! To me I thought it was worth it since a lot of people where bidding that high.

:tftongue :tftongue :tftongue :tftongue :tftongue

Here is the question, did I get screwed on this, or was it a wise purchase. I know more detail is needed, and I can supply it. Should I sell it back on ebay or keep it. How can I tell what kind of value it is actually worth?

:tftongue :tftongue :tftongue :tftongue :tftongue

Any ideas or comments would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!!!!

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the boards.

Definitely got screwed. "A lot" of people tend to be the seller himself gouging the crap out of his/her own auction with shill bidding under a different name. Check to see if you see one or two others repeat-bidding again and again.

Also, just because some fool wants to pay an insane price for something doesn't mean it's worth that. Don't ever let someone else's sense of "value" determine what you think something is worth.

Welcome to the boards.

Definitely got screwed. "A lot" of people tend to be the seller himself gouging the crap out of his/her own auction with shill bidding under a different name. Check to see if you see one or two others repeat-bidding again and again.

Also, just because some fool wants to pay an insane price for something doesn't mean it's worth that. Don't ever let someone else's sense of "value" determine what you think something is worth.

:pfx I couldn't agree more. Here is what I got for the same amout:

MIB G1 Grimlock

C-9 Menasor

C-8.5 Piranacon

I would NEVER pay that much for a Bumblebee Mint on mint card, or otherwise. Look at the size of the fig. Ask yourself "Am I getting what I paid for?"

As we like to say in Chicago, You got hosed.

Oh yeah, welcome to the boards.

I wouldnt say your got screwed, but you did pay a bit much for it, Ive seen MOSC bumblebee go for over $150.00 lots of times but $285.00 is more like what you would pay for a MOSC bumblejumper which is bumblebee only colored red, or sealed pepsi optimis prime, or something like that.

Whoa....that it is alot for Bumblebee. I could imagine spending that much on a Grimlock MIB or something along those lines.

You could try and re-sell it and regain at least some of your money and take the loss....or you can go ahead and enjoy what you have and keep it for a while. I'm sure in a few years you may be able to regain a lot closer to what you've paid for it.

:clap

Sweet, just like most forums no-one can tell me how to authenticate it, rather they can make fun.

Like I said before, can anyone help me find out how to validate the condition and so forth?!

Thanks for your uplifting words Galvaspam and G1Jazz

:thumb

Archived