Transformers and GM Form Power Partnership

Hunter Rose

Again from Deathmarch

Transformers and GM Form Power Partnership

Source: Paramount Pictures

February 21, 2007

Four new movie stars – "Bumblebee™," "Autobot Jazz®," "Autobot Ratchet®" and "Ironhide®" (see new photos below) – from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures', in association with Hasbro's, forthcoming July 4th action-adventure release, Transformers, were introduced this evening by General Motors Corp. as it hosted its sixth annual "ten" pre-Oscar fashion event at Paramount Pictures in Hollywood.

"Bumblebee" changes from the classic Chevrolet Camaro, and is a central character in the saga of aliens who take mechanical forms when on Earth. "Autobot Jazz" converts from a Pontiac Solstice in a hardtop format. A Hummer H2, modified as a rescue vehicle, changes into "Autobot Ratchet" and "Ironhide" changes from a GMC TopKick medium-duty truck.

Buzz about the roles that these vehicles play in the movie has been spreading since a quick glimpse of the new Camaro was spotted in Paramount's newest Transformers trailer, which began appearing in theaters on Dec. 20, 2006. This clip, which is currently the most-viewed movie trailer on Yahoo!, also contains images of the Solstice, H2 and TopKick for fans who were quick enough to have freeze-framed it.

"'Transformers' is a compelling project and offers us a global platform for marketing GM products and building our brands," said Mike Jackson, GM North America vice president, marketing and advertising. "It represents the perfect intersection of entertainment, marketing and design."

"The first time I saw the new Camaro, while touring the GM Design Center, I knew immediately that it would be the perfect 'Bumblebee,'" said Michael Bay, the film's director. He continued, "It's got beautiful lines and a classic, timeless look. There were no other cars that came even close. I have had a great working relationship with GM for many years and am psyched to be working with them on 'Transformers.'"

Gerry Rich, President of Worldwide Marketing at Paramount Pictures, added, "We are thrilled to be working with GM on this incredible and action-packed film. Having integrated the cars as characters in the film is truly an innovative concept that will help eventize this exciting 4th of July tentpole film."

GM will roll out a fully integrated marketing and promotional effort around the film in the near future, including a major Chevrolet promotion, according to Jackson.

Pix in article.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You think GM would have been nice enough to let Hasbro use officially liscensed vehicles for the alt-modes instead of resorting to custom cars.

my uncle has that solstice, and there are 3 at the dealership I bought my torrent from it is nice (but tiny)

and you can see topkicks at construction sites everywhere (there is an older one at the site near school)

and dont worry, the camaro IS coming back

Atmo,

what does that even mean??

aardvarks took my oranges?

on topic i think it's a good thing that transformers have this link, it means that if alts ever start up again they might have a better chance of securing models to use

Archived