Admiting is the first step

Starscreamer

...and I'm a collecter.

I first started small...on the light Armada stuff. I'd sneak in a blister of mini cons here, maybe get a supercon there...and then :tfsad one day I got a mega (galvatron). It's been down hill from there. I started hitting the hard stuff, e-bay for G-1s and such. Next thing you know I got a shelf just for originals! I...I...was spending my money, so to make rent I h-h-had to give up drinking! *sob* I even had to give up my fantasies of smoking just to make the payment for a MISB RID Prime...I was ashamed. My rabble rousing delinquint friends wouldn't talk to me...and then I got Unicron and it was over. I actually started to put real effort in my job so I could get a raise for new figures...my girlfriend at the time...she knew I couldn't cheat on her and that I was true because I had given up carousing on the bar scene...I could only go to be the designated driver so my friends would be safe. SAFE! I tell you...oh woe is me...

Do I need help?

-----

The more you know: If you don't want to live your full lifespan...keep your punk friends away from respectable hobbies...

----

This message paid for by the Elect Starscreamer as head of the Deceptions foundation

:tftounge

Starscreamer, I feel your pain. The beast wars drew me in while I was still in college, then I found a Beast Wars Optimus Primal, and that was what started a very expensive hobby. Now a few years later, I have for the most part completed my collection of Primes and Megatrons, and have picked up most of Armada (even bought sideswipe, and I swore I wouldnt) and now Energon has got its talons firmly into my checkbook.

So here is some advice on ebay purchases, never rush into any purchase, and always look for alternatives. Rare items are rare, and will cost you a nice wad. But if you watch it right, and stay on your auctions at close you should be allright. Its just like Texas Hold em Poker, bet high befor the flop and scare off the unserious players. So set a high amount on your max bid, and alot of people will bid 1 dollar five times and then walk away from the deal. This should help a bit, and remember, knowing is half the battle.

Dude, I am seriously feelin' your pain. I remembered the Transformers of my youth, and even got a few of the Beast Wars when they came out. My roommate is a huge Beast Wars fan, and we used to talk about the greatness of that show. I remember it all started with Armada Blurr and the Mini-con pack that made Percepter, and he got Scvanger. It all snowballed from there. I am not so hooked as to have bought Sideswide (man, you are hooked), but I have spent many a late night "window shopping" on e-bay. Would I take it all back? Never. It just feels goo that there are places where I know there are other with the same issues I have.

Just buy want you really want after hours of researching it online first. No need to rush bid/buy, these aren't cels which are one of a kind. There are others out there... patience and moderation is key! Good luck. Also drinking and smoking is way overrated.

Yeah we got the parody, mine was as well hence the GI JOE tag line, though I did buy an Armada Sideswipe (I was hoping to repaint it to match my car, but the taillights wouldnt work, so I gave up).

But the ebay stuff was for anyone that needed some pointers dealing with ebay sellers.

LOL guys...you do understand that was a parody of an AA confession saying that collecting is a GOOD thing right?

Hey man, I feel the same way. I quit smoking weed so I had more cash for transformers. My moron friends think ive gone nuts. I think i need some new friends.

Archived