Recalled Transformers toys

Teh INTERNETS ^_^

Hey guys, does anyone know of any Transformers that were recalled by Hasbro (you know bad QQ or dangerous firing missiles etc.)?

I need an interesting case study, preferably something which feattured a kid losing an eye or being electrocuted. The year it happened is important too.

No but all of the missles and fist launchers were neutered in the 84-85 toys because of an incident with a chikd firing a missle down its throat about eight years prior. It was a Battlestar Galactica toy that was the culprit if memory serves.

I know the Transformers Generation 2 Turbomasters failed a safety test and weren't released in America because of their firing missiles (in 1992).

G1 Megs was never rerelease do to Cops thinking every thing is a real gun.

"Put down the weapon!!!" "But it's my cell phone" *Cap cap cap!!!!*

I need an interesting case study, preferably something which feattured a kid losing an eye or being electrocuted. The year it happened is important too.

A. Megatron nearly got me last year. :P

Wasn't Fort Max not released in the U.S. because it failed a drop test or something?

Counter rumor says the only problem was lack of retailer support. There are claims that TRU were offered it, but were unhappy with the quantity that Hasbro wanted them to

order.

CR Brave Max is made of much more 'rubbery' plastic that Fort Max. I'm not sure it *would* shatter during the droptest.

1984 G1 Megatron was cancelled - i.e.: they sold him for a few months in 1984 and then quickly stopped selling the toys. I think there was a recall from retailers, but I dunno if the recall extended to customers.

All I remember is seeing Megatron on sale, then a few months later before I could get one, they were all gone. I knew only ONE kid in my entire neighbourhood who had a G1 Megatron, which he was able to get because the recall hit NSW first, and his parents were smart enough to quickly order one from Victoria where the recall hadn't been effected yet. But there would've only been a narrow time window to do this, because I'm certain that by 1985 Megatron was outlawed in every state. :(

Archived