Optimus in Toyfare #116

Hadlen Weltall

This month's issue of Toyfare (#116) has not only the covershot of Optimus Prime but has a good four page article discussing the toy's concept to the film and also showcases Optimus up close and personal with a few shots that give some reassurance to the toy.

Also stated is that the toy's release date is June 2. One full month ahead of the movie.

his rear wheelwells are not attached to his legs instead are attached to the back of his hips

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.seibertron.com/events/gallery.php?event_id=53 :eek :eek

zomg... teh suspense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at first i thought the fully automated bumble was whack...but... the more i stare at it the more i want it. damn teasers! not showing us the other movie goodies :danmit

wants :tflaugh and :tfdance :redface

that is all

It is a nice figure, but I think this is one of those times when it will look better in person.

That article has an interesting little bit. When ToyFare asks whether or not movie Prime will have a trailer, the Hasbro guy doesn't give an answer. Let's say that, in the movie, at some point, Prime just has a plain trailer, to keep up appearances. Does that really warrant Hasbro being so secretive about it? Anyone can guess that and it certainly would be any big deal if that were the case. So, that leads me to wonder if there is something more to this strange answer to a simple, yes or no question.

If they're being evasive, it usually means "yes but we don't want to give spoilers". Or they could just outright like like Sam "no Venom in Spider-Man 3" Raimi. :tflaugh

Either way, what's the great significance of Prime having a trailer? ......Roller? whoopee

Like he ever used the dumb thing anyway, it's just one of those things fans expect to see dragging along behind him.

If they're being evasive, it usually means "yes but we don't want to give spoilers". Or they could just outright like like Sam "no Venom in Spider-Man 3" Raimi. :tflaugh

Either way, what's the great significance of Prime having a trailer? ......Roller? whoopee

Like he ever used the dumb thing anyway, it's just one of those things fans expect to see dragging along behind him.

Exactly, but I doubt that saying that Prime is pulling a normal trailer in the movie is much of a spoiler.

Well its no surprise. with month early toys, means early start on the film's success. Factor in the increasing positive response (even Seibertron's news guys are approving now and they've hated just about everything tied to the movie so far)

meantime, I really recommend everybody check out this issue of toyfare, if just for the pics of Prime up close and in better lighting (no offense to the newsies from Toyfair). The shots they've got put most of the transformation into better perspective, and it really does the head design justice.

Archived