MP3 player Soundwave.

TMan978

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know some of what's making this toy 100 bucks is the fact that it's an import but are people reading that it has a SD card slot but no SD card. This makes it sketchy as to if it has internal memory. Plus it doesn't have a rechargable battery. So, you gotta shell out 100 + for Soundwave. Then go out and buy a $46 1gb memory card and then buy a rechargable battery pack or keep buying batteries every time they run out. I think we all may just be better off glueing the new iPod Shuffle to our existing Soundwaves and calling it a day.

It's a nice new mold and gimmick but I don't think it's worth it. What are you guys gonna chose?

:rofl :rofl :rofl

You know, the battery thing is the same gripe I have about the Nintendo Wii? There should have been a rechargable battery standard of this guy too. I would have shelled out the extra $20- 40 for that AND a DvD player. That iPod Shuffel is sounding pretty cool for Soundwave right about now. :tflaugh

:redface Your right. I just got my Wii thursday and I went out yesterday and put $26 on rechargable batteries. Nintendo really cheaped out there.

That Sound clip Idea is really F'n good! If for some crazy reason I bought this guy and he doesn't have speakers, I'd just plug my PC speakers into him. Every one here should have a set of those. Mine here at work I paid 9.99 for and they sound perfect. That's why I cant see paying $100 for Ipod speakers. What a rip off. For $100, do they Beam the sound directly into your head?

Why $100?

Well lets look:

Licenced and trademarked Tranforming figure. - so thats about $40-50 (reissue soundwave)

MP3 electronic gubbins - not sure here but i'd guess $20-30? They are a reputable company so it wont (hopefully) be cheapy stuff

Novelty / combining the 2 / new mold for the figure / getting the figure tested - prob worth $10 or so

So thats almost it, they also know that its a premium item so they add a premium to it..

I would guess if they put 1-2gb of storage in then it would be $50-75+ more

I like it - but will wait for decent pics before I order!

yeah I'd say Wraithchild has the basic breakdown there. I mean when your paying 40-50 bucks just for A Reissue Soundwave 100 bucks for a new mold with an actual MP3 player built in isn't really that bad. Pricey yes, but you gotta figure your also adding a premium for it being an import as well. The actual price in Japan is 10500yen, so he's really only about 85 dollars. For a brand new mold with diecast parts and an actual MP3 player in it thats really not that bad. But you add the 10-15 for import markup and you get the 100 bucks quoted on most sites for us western buyers. Yes its still overpriced, but really this isn't something meant for everyone, I mean Takara is not going to be marketing this thing at kids, this is an adult collectible type thing that happens to actually have a practical purpose built in. Its an adult geek toy.

Now I jsut wish we could get some actual dimensions and pics of final colors and paint detailing. The proto pics already show changes have been made in the mold jsut between white and blue.

Guest Primal-Convoy

WEll, considering the ipod shuffle is a terribly created waste of time, I would buy the soundwave any day if i had to choose.

i'll help ya all i can, feel free to ask away.

Y'all know what? That answered all my questions and actually made sense. Thanks bk! :thumb Guess I don't have any other quandries... :)

The only reason I mentioned the clear plastic was because the "chest area", on what somebody mentioned might have just been the grey test proto, appeared to be the back of the model due to the way the "new" transformation scheme looked. Which lead me to believe that's where the batteries might be stored and that the clearness was just left up in the air since it WAS a prototype. But, in the white painted version, we see the front "tape-deck" area as SW's chest and it's done up the same as the originals visage.

dunno.gif I guess it's not too much of a difference now until the REAL paint scheme for the "Spark Blue" version is shown. Until then, it's all speculation... :thumb

Still keeping my preorder locked in along with the Rumble and Frenzy headset. :thumb This'll be the first time I own any of these figures.

Archived