Hawaii sightings

squawkbot

THURSDAY AUGUST 23RD... THE DAY I GOT MY DELUXE BUMBLEBEE CONCEPT!!!!!

did my semi-daily after-work flyby thru TRU and as I said in the last post, they were shuffling things around. but to my surprise, they didnt move the remaining stock to that smaller section (that section was still bare today). instead, they cleared almost HALF of another aisle with top to bottom shelves (not pegs) for NEW STOCK!!! so when i got there, they had a ton of voyager megs and voyager primes, all the crap i mentioned in the last post, and lo and behold, i saw on the second shelf, a selection of DELUXES!!! ive never seen a deluxe since the first wave came out, and i was stoked. i sniffed thru the pile, saw brawl, barricade, arcee, payload, longarm, dreadwing, final battle jazz, and... no way... THE LAST bumblebee!!! i really only wanted him, but i picked up a voyager prime, deluxe arcee, and final battle jazz for my friend. hopefully, by them setting aside all that shelf space, this means theyre awaiting even more shipments (the starscream and thundercracker repaints perhaps? rescue ratchet?)

Congrats on the find, what time did you go cuz I was plan on going to TRU after work around 5PM but didn't. Don't really care for the non-movie characters but was hoping to get Battle Damaged Jazz, so I called this morning @ 10AM to see what they got left but was told someone just came in this morning and bought what was left. And all they had was a bunch of Voyager Megatron.

got there around 7:00pm, so I was really surprised they had stuff. It's possible that they just put it out before I came cuz it looked all nicely arranged (and boxes were pulled to the front of the shelves).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So they might also stock at night too? I went this monday to get a Voyager Prime for my nephew and when I got home I saw that there was no cowboy in the cab of Prime, so I called to see if they can look at 1 for me cuz there was like 3-5 left but someone just came and cleaned up the self. They also said nothing is in the back, makes me think if they are telling the truth.

its possible i guess... i mean, it looked like those deluxes were just put on the shelf to me. like 1 case jsut dumped on there.

yeah, i dunno about actually talking to these people on the phone. im sure they say all kinds of things so that dont have to get up and check for themselves if they have something in stock. best bet is going down there as often as you can. hehe.

Since can't find movie toys G1 toys was released @ kb. They actually sell those G1 minibots keychain @ kb, Bumblebee, Cliffjumper, Brawn and Windcharger for $4.99 each. Had to pick them up, plus checked out toysnjoys and saw the ecore series. Even tho I got the bookstyle reissue of megs I had to get the encore.

ahhh, thats what those keychains were. my coworker was calling up kb's around the island and they said they got those keychains in. i thought they meant the metal movie ones... i actually have a bumblebee one that was released a few years ago.

stopped by TRU this morning... looks like the back stock is starting to come out... tons of beast wars and cybertron out on the shelves. if u didnt get cybertron primus, nows the time. they had about 3 or 4 out. also saw cybertron soundwave (which i never saw on the shelves b4) and vector prime... they also put out a set of deluxe classics out... grimlock, mirage, ramjet, rodimus, and cliffjumper. and man, they cant move those voyager movie megs figs!

Yup, went there around 1030 saw classics grimlock, mirage and cj. Interested in ramjet, but the funny thing is not sure if I got it or not. By the way what time did you go? Saw a lil kid with the last primus but already got it a while back w/unicrons head. I been collecting only reissues of G1 and some other TF here and there, did it ever get this bad on finding TF or because of the movie craze?

i was probably there around 10:10 or so and stuck around for 15 or 20 mins.. mebbe we passed by each other.. haha. yeah, saw a kid asking his mom for the primus for his bday. saw one mom make off with the last voyager prime and another guy with two prime unleashed spinners and a couple cybertron figs in his basket. he musta been the first in the store to get those unleashed figs.

it was never a problem to find TFs before. b4 the movie, the shelves looked like they were today... full of cybertron or armada, or RID. i remember primuses sitting on the shelves for months.

Did a last stop again to TRU and wanted to see if they restocked, they put out some cyber slammers and looks like no one wants the dancing mp3 BB. I'm on my sidekick 3 and saw that you stopped by TRU and was hoping you just got back and they did a restock. I wanted to see if they put out more classics but they actually sold out. I guess this is a good thing that TF are selling out, hopefully TRU starts making G1 reissue again.

Archived