the transformers mythos

saberwolf

when it comes to the possibilities the live action movie opens up for the transformers mythos i would not be the least bit surprised if at some point in the next couple years or so the mythos got explored as the next for lack of a better word superhero genre.

by the hero bit im talking as in optimus prime ultra magnus rhodimus prime fortress maximus type characters the ones that really stand heads and shoulders above all the rest

for the villians type im thinking along the lines of megatron starscream shockwave galvatron cyclonus and scourge.

the vigilante types more or less being a mix of the god/powermaster warriors and pretenders when it comes to the whole idea of a human living a double life as a cybertronian vigilante

and for the flawed anti heroes thundercracker and scorpinok to name a few.

but those are just my thoughts on the matter

While the TF universe easily lends itself to the "super hero" genre, I would like to see them stay away from the powermaster headmaster pretender or what all else... I always got the feeling, even as a kid when they were new, that those were merely poorly disguised plots to sell new toys and to revive a franchise which was on it's way to one of it's low points.

They've destroyed Starscream as far as I'm concerned and Megatron,(at least his head) isn't looking much better, *but* all of that and more can be made up for if they give the movie(s) quality plots and good acting. I would however love to see Unicron make an appearance (so long as they didnt make him look like a Death Star with a head)

It'll be interesting to see where they take the sequels, and perhaps some of the designs that alot of us are less than impressed with right now will serve as some kind of plot mechanism, those characters re-designed within the confines of the story for subsequent films. Keep in mind the very modest Orion Pax became the kick ass Optimus Prime!

I figure they'll start releasing more about the sequels once TF 1 gets closer to release, they'll want to keep tbe buzz going.

Transformers 2 > Circuit breaker. Scientist at sector 7 who gets transformers bits fused to her when she lands injured close to the allspark (haven't read the leaked script so I don't know if this could happen at any time in the first movie.) She makes a giant mutant crab-former out of remains of the decepticons (including megs) and calls it Rampage (a la Beast Wars.) She then goes after the TF's for doing this to her (regular Hollywood mad villan illogically blames heroes for their ills plot).

Transformers 3 > Universe style. Autobots return to cybertron to find it almost flattened. Prime finds an evil version of himself leading alternate-reality decepticons, Nemesis Prime.

Archived