Classics Magnus

Hadlen Weltall

I know I'm not only person here let down by the less than stellar paint work on the recent remold of Ultra Magnus, but while I can deal with the body work as it is, the face just bugged me for how monochromatic it was being only a white painted head with a silver face plate. SO in five minutes, I took Magnus around from my toy shelves to my hobby desk and did a quick fix.

People who read the Model Kits thread in the Animation Station know I like to play Mad Scientist with my hobby paints trying to come up with a more accurate tone to match plastic colors, so here's what I've concocted. My recipes usually require Testors Model Master Acryl, due mostly to its ease in mixing and applying with a brush compared to some enamels. So without any more delay here's my quick recipe for "Classics Magnus Blue"

The mix requires one part "Morning Blue" and one part "Cobalt Blue." While the Morning Blue mixes into a thin solution, Cobalt is very thick and I had to use some thinner to adjust the mixture into a thin coat mixture rather than mix a smooth paint with a clumpy one.

After I painted I did a quick run with TMMA "Flat Clear coat" Enjoy!

post-5567-1170886398_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much better!

• 4 weeks later...

That is definatyely nice. I went one step further with mine when I painted my Magnus' head. In addition to adding a little silver around the "cheek guns" (as some people call them), I also took the optics out and painted the entire light piping with Tamiya Color red acrylic clearcoat. It turned the blue optics into a deep crimson.

wSgdqtxE2JEB0wdm15K9apd-jYLHEZSS0300.jpg

jPmKbV2ezxbJHTFhHYnr4of6BMjzEtPX0300.jpg

Get dat bot some ARMOR!!!! And make it turn into a TRAILER!

What-a-matta wit them knuckle heads as takara/hasbro?!?! Tomy... Mommy?

Get dat bot some ARMOR!!!! And make it turn into a TRAILER!

What-a-matta wit them knuckle heads as takara/hasbro?!?! Tomy... Mommy?

You mean like this? http://www.tfmaster.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...c30fb7b7a7f795f

TGD00RNXdiWeCbK6MY-gIiG75ou2XEPt0300.jpg

XjFSqrnX2BA7ICTzf0GmSuiBaMwmLafF0300.jpg

hxSGION4LHfBgIGInu3KcMA5uRwmxTT-0300.jpg

qvKAzp0XnPgzJ4Tzp2fT4NsSnx8-moQh0300.jpg

blows pop out nose from laughing so hard.

focroflmao

im sorry people but that so totally has a deformers look to it.

oh man that is rich

im not mocking the guy but damn that is just so hilariouse

oh god my ribs are killing me.

Archived