look at these

Lord Atmo

i'll base SS off of what i know about the A/E/C SS then. i sae every episode of those shows and he's pretty badass in all of them. not to mention slender and sleek, like he's supposed to be. i also saw G1 SS in TFTM, which i own. his scene where he had his shortlived moment of leading the decepticons is a pose bayscream could never pull off without looking stupid

You're talking about a stylized cartoon. Lots of cartoon stuff wouldn't work in reality.

And let's be totally clear about this: the movie is not just another version of the Transformers cartoon. It's the first time EVER that the franchise has been given a live-action treatment, unless you count Scramble City II, or Tommy and Powermaster Optimus Prime. So the comparisons don't work as well as you think they do. Plus -- and this is the most important part -- you have yet to see the movie. You don't know what Starscream is going to talk like, what he's going to move like, what he's going to say, etc. etc. etc. You are in no position to make a judgment call on his character in the movie because you haven't seen it yet.

*taps Pete on shoulder*

Say, you do realize you're trying to reason with a fanboy, right?

A Starscream fanboy no less.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'll base SS off of what i know about the A/E/C SS then. i sae every episode of those shows and he's pretty badass in all of them. not to mention slender and sleek, like he's supposed to be. i also saw G1 SS in TFTM, which i own. his scene where he had his shortlived moment of leading the decepticons is a pose bayscream could never pull off without looking stupid

I got news for you...G1 Starscream looked stupid in that pose. Where does a Transformer even get a cape that size? Do they have Hot Topics on Cybertron?

i cling to G1 because in that "universe", starscream looks awesome and badass. his evil youthful elegant appearance with his persona was what made him a favorite for me. i'm not accepting this movie when bayscream's making me vomit. and then the vomit i produce looks a lot better than that piece of Blot robot they actually called "starscream"

bottom line: no elegance, no dice. i hope the reason we haven't seen or heard much about bayscream lately was because bay pulled him out of the movie completely. which is good. if he cant do it right, he shouldnt do it. and again, the bottom line is: make him slender or dont make him at all. i will NEVER accept that fatass abomination as "starscream". he will forever be bayscream to me, a distant cousin of Starscream

I'm not trying to flame you.... really, but your descriptions of starscream make it seem like you wish he would become "King Starscream" of your Hotspot or something. "youthful elegant appearance" indeed :tflaugh

I suspect Hot Rod is closer than anyone wants to admit (especially Lord atmo).

I am a HUGE Starscream Fanboy. Starscream and Bumblebeel are my absolute FAVE's.

And it breaks my heart that BB isnt going to be a VW, and i admit - Screamer's shape is a bit offputting.

But then i remember - this ISNT G1 and I get over it.

I guess I don't get it. I love G1 Starscream too. He's a great character. But for some reason I'm not at all upset that Movie Starscream doesn't physically resemble him. Maybe I never expected it, I don't know. But it really just doesn't matter to me. Which is why it's so frustrating for me to listen to all this angst about "OMG THIS IS WRONG". I don't see the problem. It's not like this movie, or any movie, could ever capture G1 (and my long-since-passed adolescence) in a bottle and put it on a big screen. And I don't expect it to.

it's not just G1, i was hoping for something that continued with tradition. every TV incarnation SS thus far has had almost the same head, same colors, and same sleek slim slender appearance. though body designs were always different, the slenderness was always present

Archived