look at these

Lord Atmo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*observes*

Lord Atmo, Starscream never once played off his looks. You're imagining things.

but whatevs

How can you say he didn't play off his looks? The way he stood, the way he'd look at someone one, the way he'd sweep his arms. Look around at all the screen captures from various G1 episodes. That Seeker played his looks very much. Its even on the back of his box in his bio that he considered himself the handsomest Decepticon and just the way he'd sweep his arm out to point to something was almost striking a pose. I don't know what G1 you watched but Starscream's looks helped convey his arrogance to a the max and he was well aware of it.

Hmmm. I wonder how the fact he looked exactly like two other Decepticons factor in to that "handsomest" Decepticon theory.

Three, if you count Sunstorm.

And gesturing does not count as playing off of one's looks. Wooing women to steal a helicopter like Face in the A-Team is playing off your looks. Luring your enemy into a false sense of security due to your size is playing off your looks. Screamer never did anything like that.

Welcome to the boards. :wave

i can see it now...

"big megs man go bye bye. me new leader. everyone say HI STARSCREAM MAN!" and then he proudly pounds his chest making gorilla noises

i can see it now...

"big megs man go bye bye. me new leader. everyone say HI STARSCREAM MAN!" and then he proudly pounds his chest making gorilla noises

Which is still not as silly an idea as all the Decepticons fitting in Astrotrain...Devastator included.

I love G1, but why people cling to its cheesy stories like it was freakin' Godfather or something confuses the hell out of me. This movie is evolution, guys.

i cling to G1 because in that "universe", starscream looks awesome and badass. his evil youthful elegant appearance with his persona was what made him a favorite for me. i'm not accepting this movie when bayscream's making me vomit. and then the vomit i produce looks a lot better than that piece of Blot robot they actually called "starscream"

bottom line: no elegance, no dice. i hope the reason we haven't seen or heard much about bayscream lately was because bay pulled him out of the movie completely. which is good. if he cant do it right, he shouldnt do it. and again, the bottom line is: make him slender or dont make him at all. i will NEVER accept that fatass abomination as "starscream". he will forever be bayscream to me, a distant cousin of Starscream

i cling to G1 because in that "universe", starscream looks awesome and badass. his evil youthful elegant appearance with his persona was what made him a favorite for me. i'm not accepting this movie when bayscream's making me vomit. and then the vomit i produce looks a lot better than that piece of Blot robot they actually called "starscream"

bottom line: no elegance, no dice. i hope the reason we haven't seen or heard much about bayscream lately was because bay pulled him out of the movie completely. which is good. if he cant do it right, he shouldnt do it. and again, the bottom line is: make him slender or dont make him at all. i will NEVER accept that fatass abomination as "starscream". he will forever be bayscream to me, a distant cousin of Starscream

Dude, c'mon, I remember the "I haven't seen an episode with Sunstreaker in it" fiasco. Are you sure you're really qualified to throw that kinda support behind G1?

In that show, Starscream never did anything even remotely badass, was incompetent and whiny. I mean, his defining moments in TFTM (which is pretty much the source for the defining moments of the cartoon continuity) were hurting his foot on the attack at Autobot City, and flying away crying, until it was time to leave. Then, he got turned to total dust with one shot from Galvatron's cannon...which never had that effect on anyone ever again...something that speaks more to Starscream's own power levels than it does Galvy's cannon.

I've got an idea. If you're that in love with Starscream's "evil youthful elegant appearance" just forget about him and fall in love with Skywarp. At least he could teleport. And he's not in the movie. It's win/win! :tflaugh

Starscream's elegant appearance was the same boxy design that everyone else had. Seriously. Go look at the cartoon. They all had cube shoulders, slightly smaller cube biceps, and "double-length" cube forearms.

Not to mention (as Hobbes alluded to) the fact that Skywarp and Thundercracker had COMPLETELY different personalities from Starscream and each other, and yet they all inhabited the EXACT SAME BODY. How is it possible that a youthful, elegant body could work with a tough grizzled vet like Thundercracker, or an upstart smartass like Skywarp? MAYBE BECAUSE THE CHARACTERIZATION HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THE LOOKS AND A LOT MORE TO DO WITH THE WRITING / VOICE ACTING / CHARACTER DIRECTION.

Please understand this immediately. Thank you.

Lord Atmo. Honestly, how long ago was it since you've actually watched an episode from G1? Not what you remember, but actually played it on a screen, and watched it?

If that is more than 2 years ago, do us all a favour, and watch a couple of tose episodes. Then try and see if you can talk about a 'competent', 'awesome', 'badass' Starscream with a straight face.

Not saying this in an ironic or sarcastic fashion. I'm dead serious. Time colours and distorts our memories. And Strrscream sure ain;t 'youthful and elegant'.

Search Youtube for some G1 episodes. There's bound to be some there.

i'll base SS off of what i know about the A/E/C SS then. i sae every episode of those shows and he's pretty badass in all of them. not to mention slender and sleek, like he's supposed to be. i also saw G1 SS in TFTM, which i own. his scene where he had his shortlived moment of leading the decepticons is a pose bayscream could never pull off without looking stupid

i'll base SS off of what i know about the A/E/C SS then. i sae every episode of those shows and he's pretty badass in all of them. not to mention slender and sleek, like he's supposed to be. i also saw G1 SS in TFTM, which i own. his scene where he had his shortlived moment of leading the decepticons is a pose bayscream could never pull off without looking stupid

You're talking about a stylized cartoon. Lots of cartoon stuff wouldn't work in reality.

And let's be totally clear about this: the movie is not just another version of the Transformers cartoon. It's the first time EVER that the franchise has been given a live-action treatment, unless you count Scramble City II, or Tommy and Powermaster Optimus Prime. So the comparisons don't work as well as you think they do. Plus -- and this is the most important part -- you have yet to see the movie. You don't know what Starscream is going to talk like, what he's going to move like, what he's going to say, etc. etc. etc. You are in no position to make a judgment call on his character in the movie because you haven't seen it yet.

Archived