look at these

Lord Atmo

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i dont even like his head. it lacks the youthful scheming evil face starscream has always had in every last one of his incarnations

i dont even like his head. it lacks the youthful scheming evil face starscream has always had in every last one of his incarnations

I see what you're saying, but realistically I don't think they could have captured the classic Starscream face. All the animated incarnations of transformers gave them human-like mouths, which looking back didn't make a lot of sense. So I can let the absence of a "classic" Transformers face slide.

The new Starscream head combines the best aspects of the more realistic look they're going for with elements from the Starscream head we know and love. All in all, as far as the head goes, they did they a pretty good job. Everything below it though is a major catastraPowerglide.

off topic for a second, but what on earth is the name of the anime in your sig image?

and K_S, i disagree. i'm sorry but the head has NO similarities to G1 starscream at all. so i dont know where you see elements from him in that head

and K_S, i disagree. i'm sorry but the head has NO similarities to G1 starscream at all. so i dont know where you see elements from him in that head

The helmet and the hint of a mouth. The mouths in all the animated series always looked weird to me, seeing as they were robots.

Given the look the movie was going for (and I agree, they could have done better overall) I would say they did a good job working something resembling a mouth into Starscream's head.

Is it just me? Or has Starscream become a crossover futuristic homage to Energon Optimus/Fattimus Prime? Starscream appearance makes him appear as utterly fat, or an ape.

I loved Ironhide's design, utter pwnage. Bonecrusher is quite excellent, I like the spiky articulation. But WTF is with Frenzy? His appearance looks like an IRobot mixed with a chicken. :tflaugh

*observes*

Lord Atmo, Starscream never once played off his looks. You're imagining things.

but whatevs

How can you say he didn't play off his looks? The way he stood, the way he'd look at someone one, the way he'd sweep his arms. Look around at all the screen captures from various G1 episodes. That Seeker played his looks very much. Its even on the back of his box in his bio that he considered himself the handsomest Decepticon and just the way he'd sweep his arm out to point to something was almost striking a pose. I don't know what G1 you watched but Starscream's looks helped convey his arrogance to a the max and he was well aware of it.

The helmet and the hint of a mouth. The mouths in all the animated series always looked weird to me, seeing as they were robots.

Given the look the movie was going for (and I agree, they could have done better overall) I would say they did a good job working something resembling a mouth into Starscream's head.

Ive sat and compared the bugface bayscream to G1 Ss and I see nothing of a mouth anything close to G1 SSs mouth. Nothing in the helmet either. Is there some manual I missed with the instructions on how to find these similarities?

The bottom line is this design for the character its intended for sucks balls. Try and picture that thing smirking down at megatron and tossing him out of Astrotrain. . . it falls flat on its face. Now picture that munkyscream waddling back in and pointing to himself and declaring himself leader. When everyone else stops laughing perhaps soundwave will be the new leader....

Archived