TF Movie Frenzy Robot Mode

Strikeback

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
how is he a compromise if he is integral to the story and was planned from the beginning?

I'm talking about the form itself. They can't use mass shifting, so they end up with goofy looking things like Frenzy. He looks like he's made out of wire clothes hangers.

frenzy sucks...another "crap" for the decepticons. bay's doing a great job of getting the audience to hate the cons

frenzy sucks...another "crap" for the decepticons. bay's doing a great job of getting the audience to hate the cons

What makes you think the audience hates the decepticons? I'm part of the audience and I don't hate it.

I have to admit that my biggest grype with the design of the robots in the film was that they all seem a bit too flimsey against the likes of a classic looking TF. You could just see Primes parts go flying against a g1 Megs.

I'm of the school that says chunky is cool, but in the films defence I've totally gotten rid of my preconceptions and named it Generation Bay, in the end who cares? It'll be a good film, and I've accepted that there will only be hints of design essence of ANY generation in any of them. Each new generation retells the story of how it happened.

My only other grype was that I thought Bay was going for faces with the ability to convey expression, which (if the info was correct) he couldn't get with the humaniod faces of the classics we are used to. So far all I've seen are face plates and bits of wire and metal, oh and four eyes and sharp teeth.

If he's going for a more robtic look then why should a robot need teeth if we are to swallow his design ethos?

• 2 weeks later...
He looks kind of scary, especially if he was 4 ft tall and running your ass down with his red glowy eyes.

You got that right.

Archived