If so many people are up in arms about primes flames

bluestreak1701

A lot of people have expressed a strong dislike for OPs flame motif in the movie even though he, like BB and megs, still retains the blue and red scheme we're familiar with. I can't recall hearing much outcry regarding completely detached colour schemes such as a black ironhide, yellow ratchet, silver jazz or brown Screamer, so are people generally fine with these? I personally like all the A'bot colour schemes but find screamers bot and colour horrible. Opinions?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think its just a case that Optimus Prime has always been red and blue. Characters like Ironhide and Bumblebee have not even been consistently in the many incarnations of the Transformers series. As for Megatron, he changes body/colour on a seemingly bi-yearly basis.

Of course a Prime has never ever had flames before... >_>

rodimusprime2.jpg

I don't think most fans care that much about color schemes anymore... at least the uproar seems to have died down. I think the biggest lingering issues have to do with design elements in the movie TFs that resemble nothing that's come before. But even that seems to have dropped off. Perhaps fans are starting to resign themselves to the look of the TFs in the movie... or accept them...?

I don't think most fans care that much about color schemes anymore... at least the uproar seems to have died down. I think the biggest lingering issues have to do with design elements in the movie TFs that resemble nothing that's come before. But even that seems to have dropped off. Perhaps fans are starting to resign themselves to the look of the TFs in the movie... or accept them...?

I think you're dead on. As we see more and more pictures of the movie TFs, we are changing our view towards them, especially the toys. A lot of people are liking the toys. By the time the movie comes out I think the biggest fear will be about the story and how well it is done and executed. And just how much screen time the Transformers get (it's a TF movie, they better have a lot of screen time.)

Correct a real Optimus Prime has never had flames. This doesn't mean that wannabe's or marketing mistakes haven't been made before in the past.

Examples:

1. Hasbro rectifing their mistake in the original movie by bringing Optimus Prime back.

2. In Energon, Hot Shot never mutated and "Rodimus" stayed a independent subordanant character never to be seen again.

As for what CP said... I can agree with that but I have a slight difference in opinion. The younder fans that grew up with RID/A/E/C so they never got a character with the same body style more than one season (unless you count Tital Wave, Demolisher and Cyclonus). So seeing a "new" Optimus Prime and Co. will only be up to expectation. Maybe a lack of a space bridge will piss them off?

I myself have resigned to the fact that there's going be suckage.

I think you're dead on. ... (it's a TF movie, they better have a lot of screen time.)

:pfx

Correct a real Optimus Prime has never had flames. This doesn't mean that wannabe's or marketing mistakes haven't been made before in the past.

Examples:

1. Hasbro rectifing their mistake in the original movie by bringing Optimus Prime back.

2. In Energon, Hot Shot never mutated and "Rodimus" stayed a independent subordanant character never to be seen again.

As for what CP said... I can agree with that but I have a slight difference in opinion. The younder fans that grew up with RID/A/E/C so they never got a character with the same body style more than one season (unless you count Tital Wave, Demolisher and Cyclonus). So seeing a "new" Optimus Prime and Co. will only be up to expectation. Maybe a lack of a space bridge will piss them off?

I myself have resigned to the fact that there's going be suckage.

I think you're dead on. ... (it's a TF movie, they better have a lot of screen time.)

:pfx

You guys make G2 Optimus Prime cry. :tfsad

I for one am not a huge fan of flames & aside from them being on Rodimus I think they look ghey & tacky on any given vehicle.

That being my personal opinion Movie Prime is an anomally in the sense that though his exterior alt mode looks completely pimped out to a dub extent in bot mode it works because it allows Prime to have his uniform colours. That IMO is worth the flames.

Hey the first jokes I made after the pics surfaced was OMFG Megas XR is Micheal Bay's Optimus Prime. :P

& Starscream is Gorilla.

I'm better now. :blueface

i wasnt bothered by Prime's flames. but you're wrong, pete. i still loathe apescream. especially since i saw those CGI pics of his movie form. GARBAGE!

i digress.... Prime looks fine. and the fact that rodimus had flames lets me further accept prime's flames. no problems there!

i dont really mind any of the autobots

i wasnt bothered by Prime's flames. but you're wrong, pete. i still loathe apescream. especially since i saw those CGI pics of his movie form. GARBAGE!

i digress.... Prime looks fine. and the fact that rodimus had flames lets me further accept prime's flames. no problems there!

Rodimus from Energon or Hot Rod from G1?

Archived