Ironhide - Voyager Toys pics

Heat Guy

It is funny just how much of what we perceive of a robot's personality is in the face... I bet if you stuck G1 heads on all the movieformers there would be zero complaining about anything.

Yep, pretty much - about six months ago I got a leaked on-set picture of the physical, actual Bumblebee prop with a smug-looking guy (who'd presumably just worked his hands to the bone making it); I tip-exxed out the original face and drew a Don Figueora-style one into its place: suddenly I started to quite like it, as opposed to feeling physically sick upon staring on that mechanical 'let's make him look a bit like ET' face - upon being shown 'before' and 'after', some Transformers newbies who are interested in the movie all agreed he looked better with something that could pass for a face.

I want to like the Transformers movie, but Bay's hatred and disdain of the long-time fans, his desire to be commercially viable again (Armageddon - broke box office records; Pearl Harbour, The Island and Bad Boys 2 - didn't turn a profit/flopped horribly) and the fact that for every good character 'reimagining', there's a Starscream or Soundbyte all leave me cold.

However, I will buy most of the toys - the genius designers at Hastomtak have somehow taken the worst designs I've ever seen and made excellent figures out of them - even Bumblebee looks good! I think it's because, unlike the movie abberations which clearly only transform due to a massive dollop of CGI magic, you can tell that the toys can (obviously).

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ok i am retarded - i just got Ironhide today (w00t!) and i cant make his chest stay down - whats the secret?

also why is there a second hinge on his choulder/door/wheelwell? it doesnt go anywhere? (yes i do have the doors folded in)

my Ironhide shoulders shoot up like a V and he looks weird.

EDIT - never mind - i got it - it kinda feels like you are going to break it but the shoulder pads to slide over so that they are horisontal.

I can not get the chest/hood to stay horizontal either -- shoots up like a "V"

Also, anyone else think his head mold looks like a boar or bull?

And finally, WHY does he even have light-piping eyes, if they don't glow?

The light piping is dumb. I think they either painted over the eyes, or used a solid face piece.

The chest does stay down but you have to really push them down. The little hinges will click. (it feels like you might break it but it doesnt)

My problem with Ironhide now is his knees and hips.

They are very loose. and you cant get him into any action poses because as soon as you move his knees - the whole lower leg starts to transform again.

I really do like how his legs TF - but I this figure can barely stand up.

It is funny just how much of what we perceive of a robot's personality is in the face... I bet if you stuck G1 heads on all the movieformers there would be zero complaining about anything.

I agree, so I altered the backside of his head!

Larger version HERE

Now has a little gleam of Trailbreaker

Archived