Ebay rip off's

donaldhp1

Don't you hate it when things on Ebay say "Rare" "hard to find" and they over charge by like 20 bucks. When you go down to your local wal mart and find the same "rare" item in abundance and the price is down low. (might have been posted before, but I was just wondering)

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. They try grabbing peoples attention by using these little buzz words. But some of those items are rare and hard to find in parts of the country, mostly due to Ebay scrappers out there buying them up.

Ebay is one of the greatest and worst things to happen to the internet.

I have a love hate relationship with Ebay. I love it for the fact that I can find anything, I hate it because of the guys out there buying up everything new for the first few weeks and posting it on Ebay.

I would gladly buy from Amazon.com but it takes them so long to post new items that its not worth it.

So I drive, and drive, and drive, and drive, and move to avoid unattended children in the walmart at 2am.

Hey what about a transfans auction site, just for Transformers, that would offer a trade option for us collectors?

Yes Ebay is a love/hate place. I love it because I was able to get many G1 things I never would have been able to without it. I hate it because of people swallowing up all of the new things when they first come out.

I also love it because it allows people to make some money off things that would have just been attic/basement fodder a few years ago.

Well, up in Canada certain TFs are hard to find. Especially out in western Canada where I live. You have to drive all over the city and got to 3 TRUs, 5 Zellers, and a couple of Walmarts in order to find what you're looking for sometimes.

I've been searching forever, and I still haven't found Energon Ultra Magnus or Energon Starscream. Going on eBay is sometimes the only choice, but only for a figure I wouldn't mind paying with my first born child for.

i've got a question, i saw this one thing on ebay, the guy wanted 300 bucks for it. it's an oversized g2 optimus prime. it's made by takara, all plastic, working light and sound box, the cab is white like ultra magnus, the trailer is all black minus decals, anyway i bought in korea for 20 bucks and i know where i can get another one, anyone else see this thing?

The cab is white like ultra magnus, the trailer is all black minus decals

It sounds like a mish-mosh of Transformers. The trailer and sound box are possibly G2 Primes. The cab may be an Ultra Magnus, just put there. What's the auction number? Greetings from Utica by the way!

Well, up in Canada certain TFs are hard to find. Especially out in western Canada where I live. You have to drive all over the city and got to 3 TRUs, 5 Zellers, and a couple of Walmarts in order to find what you're looking for sometimes.

I've been searching forever, and I still haven't found Energon Ultra Magnus or Energon Starscream. Going on eBay is sometimes the only choice, but only for a figure I wouldn't mind paying with my first born child for.

Yeah , i feel your pain man. Us westcoasters really get everything last, I was lucky enough to grab the last energon starscream from TRU bowmac last week, I havent seen any more around since.

http://pub135.ezboard.com/fautobotnetfrm11

this board is a pretty good place for sightings

Archived